It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Art Shell, Raiders Head Coach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ok so I have heard that Art Shell is supposed to be named the Raiders next head coach. I know they interviewed him and I know Weisenhutt (sp?) turned down the job. Does anyone know any more info on this? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I saw that online somewhere, but it hasn't been announced yet. I betcha that this team won't go anywhere until Davis relinquishes control, or passes on...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
But Gibbs, the Raiders won three Super Bowls in eight years. Oh. The last of those victories was over 22 years ago, wasn't it?

What amazes me is that he didn't hang on to Jeff George longer. That seemed like a match made in heaven, didn't it?

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I saw that online somewhere, but it hasn't been announced yet. I betcha that this team won't go anywhere until Davis relinquishes control, or passes on...

Hahaha! I actually gotta agree on that one. BUT ART SHELL WAS NAMED HEAD COACH LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ceremony will be on ESPN at 3:30 (central time I think)

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why was he let go by the team before? He did respectable for 5+ seasons.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You know, I'm not exactly sure. That's Al Davis for you! He's just senile. LOL Everyone should know that by now!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So I'm sitting there watching Art Shell at the Raiders Press Conference. Did anyone else watch it? If you did (NFL Network) you would know why I am proud to be a Raiders fan. I have never heard so much Crap Talk in my entire life by one person! I swear, as much as most Raider fans hate Al Davis (considering he must be close to at least 153years old) I gotta give it to him for being The Don of Football.
He went through the entire history of the Raiders Coaching Staff in about 20 minutes and didn't miss a beat to make fun of every single on of them that didn't have a winning season! Then he decided to start ragging on every team that has sucked. Davis admitted he was wrong for letting Shell go in the first place (he coached in the early 90's) and he hoped this would make peace with the Raider Nation.

I don't think I've ever seen a man that old wear so much bling.....

new topics

top topics

join