It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Cherleader dismissed for working at hooters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

An East Tennessee State University student says she was dismissed from the cheerleading squad because she works at a Hooters restaurant.

Freshman Kimberly Sams says she's 18 and should be allowed to work where she wants.

The owl-themed restaurants feature waitresses in snug athletic shirts and shorts. The company has a banner on its Web site reading, "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."
link

I placed this in the football section becuse I figured she was a football cheerleader. There is no cheerleading section on this site.

I don't know what to make of this. Don't cheerleaders were skimpy outfits and dance around for mens amusement? Isn't that also a big reason men like to eat at Hooter's?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yip..... i doubt that is the problem.

if she does get the backing she needs to file this in court, will be interesting and i think she would be reinstated.

the grounds in which she has been sacked, dont add up.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Kinda stupid if you ask me. Like she said, she should be able to make her own decisions as far as where she works. She is an adult, and like Lostsailor said 'what's the difference between wearing tight skimpy close at Hooters and while cheerleading?'

iaclonz

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I guess you don't raise you leg over your head when serving wings?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
WTF is that!?!!?!!?!

LOL!!

U r right but the milk bags bounce while cheerleading.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My lil sister on the day she went for the Hooters T shirt fitting

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
^ That's just obnoxiously large!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OMG!!! You know what the sad thing is? She probably thinks those things are sexy... The things some women will do for attention... I swear.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PavingSlab

Paving Slab, that might be the best, and certainly the most succinct, outing of hypocrisy I've ever read.

I'm dying to see what happens to this stinking case in court. No predictions here. I know squat about Wrongful Termination Law.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why thankyou BHN, I think....

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
yip..... i doubt that is the problem.

if she does get the backing she needs to file this in court, will be interesting and i think she would be reinstated.

the grounds in which she has been sacked, dont add up.

In my estimation it would depend on if the University has written policy regarding this kind of thing. If they do then it will hold up, if not i believe she should be reinstated.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PavingSlab

No, you raise your leg over your head when serving corn dogs.

Actually, Hooters is very benign. I take my 12 year old son there. We really just like the wings. Tony Dungy's been there, and has his picture on the wall along with plenty of other NFLers. Seems like it's a pretty popular spot during the combines. I hope, for the university's sake there's more to this story. That's BS.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I say a woman should be able to show us whatever she wants if she wants. If she doesnt want to, then she doesn't, but if someone tries to tell me that a cheerleader isn't supposed to be at all attractive and/or sexy, then I must say that they are just plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Anyone heard any update on this? I didn't find anything on the internet yet... Just curious if I'm looking in all the wrong places.:party-smiley-018:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i had a look around too, couldnt find any update on it.

found a forum which talked about it, but they didnt say anything new

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i found this link, well its more of a blog... But it talks about it and the last comment is interesting.

I don't think that this was given as the reason. Sources to the girl say that another "incident" occurred, and she is doing damage control. Personally, I know a lot of the cheerleading girls and from what they say, she's a piece of work.

Source

Thats my way of thinking here, something else happened and this is the front to cover the goings on

top topics

join