It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Super Bowl Party at Toejams house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
you are all invited up here for a massive Sportztawk super bowl party...Skyrat is going to whip up a batch of her world famous nachos, which she makes only once a year and a good time will be had by all...wear your 12th man Seahawk gear, grab your favorite liquid refreshment and hurry on over....

directions to tj's house..... towards California...when you hit the Pacific turn north on I-5....go north a long way, if you hit the Canadian border you have gone too far, turn around...go back about 100 miles. get off I-5 and go west, drive to the end of the road, and there we are, we will be looking for you

in the event you are unable to make it here for the game i will be on Sportztawk for the BIG EVENT :party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Toejam you know if it was possible i would be there..

I will line up some beers, 1 for every regular on here, so it looks like i will have to get through alot.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
toejam, thanks for the invite but I don't know if I would be able to make it back to Iowa after the game in order to be to work on time Monday. I hope things work out for you and the rest of the 12th man. I really don't because I really want 'The Bus' to go out on top. But I am a huge Packers fan and wouldn't be too terribly upset to see Holmgren make history. Also being an NFC fan I would like to see the hardware make it's way back to where it all began, in the NFC. Have fun and Good Luck...wink, wink. Just kidding can't wait should be a helluva game.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
laundry done by 5am, salami and cheese at 6....today is the day!!!!

[Edited on 2/5/2006 by toejam]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
TOEJAM,

I'm a-watchin', and I'm a-rootin' for your boys, despite how much I'd love to see Bettis go out a winner.

Did you see me note the other day that Eddie Mathews is the ONLY member of the 500 HR club to end his career on a World Series winner? I'll bet far less than 1% of all baseball fans could name the team. 'Twas the 1968 Detroit Tigers, for whom the once-tremendous, once-better-than-Aaron, Mathews was a bench player at age 36. Bettis has probably had a GREATER career in his sport than Mathews had in his. I don't know. James rates Mathews #34 all time in all baseball history.

Is Bettis one of the greatest 34 football players ever, including players in early black leagues? Some of y'all who've followed his career more closely than me let me know.

Anyway, despite the obvious emotional sentiment for Bettis, I'm rooting for your boys. GO SEAHAWKS!!! And you guys owe me 50% of any money you make on barroom bets where other guys cannot name the only member of the 500 HR Club to retire on a World Series winner.
)

B.T.W., the greatest PLAYER to retire on a W.S. winner, almost certainly, was Joe DiMaggio. Lou Gehrig's final team, the 1939 Yankees, won the Series, but he retired very early in the season, for obvious and tragic reasons. I throw that in for those who think Gehrig superior to Joe D... which I consider a very close call.

OK, Jim, S.T.F.U. and go back to watching the game.

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a good tough close start, i thought the offensive interferance call on the hawks that got the td called back was a little ticky tacky, but at least they got the 3 points out of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
TERRIBLE CALL !!!! this should be a 3 all game

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
MAN!! Is there any doubt whom the officials want to see win? Why don't they wear T-Shirts that say something about a happy sendoff for Jerome?

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
let's hope that the refs can gather themselves during halftime and have a better game in the final 30 minutes

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a HUGE TURNOVER and runback....it's still a ball game.....

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Re: The "holding" call that just wiped out first and goal at the one for Seattle:

I think that I shall never see, things corrupt as referees.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
J.F.C. Well, at least this "fumble" will get reversed on appeal.

This is the worst Super Bowl ever. 19 men against 11, and 8 of the "men" have judicial power. How could this NOT ruin the Super Bowl for anyone watching it, regardless of whom they're rooting for.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
all the breaks have sure gone the steeleres way today, the hawks need a big play to turn the momentum back their way if they are to get back into this game, my vote for the worst call of the day was the low block called on Hasselbeck....

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
let's hope that the refs can gather themselves during halftime and have a better game in the final 30 minutes

Wrong. What a horrific game by the refs.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
MAN!! Is there any doubt whom the officials want to see win? Why don't they wear T-Shirts that say something about a happy sendoff for Jerome?

B.H.N.

Everyone i have talked too, thought the refs were poor, even those who thought Pittsburgh would win. Seattle played well. I'm proud if them.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Boy, I sure wouldn't want to try and pick a single "worst call of the day" by those clowns. So many deserving candidates, how to pick but one?

The really big problem is, ALL of the terrible calls favored the same side. 19 men against 11. And the result, simply, was the worst Super Bowl won by fewer than 25 points that I've ever seen. Hell, even some of the games won by 25 or more were more enjoyable, on account of who lost.... ('nuff said on that score)

HOW THE HELL DID THESE BLIND RATS GET THE SUPER BOWL??!!?

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Is Ben Dreith still alive? Why didn't they give HIM the game to officiate?

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ESPN.com likes to put up polls you can vote on. The one tonight is, "What will you remember most from Super Bowl XL?" And this was not some Mickey Mouse, small time poll. A total of 37,528 people cast votes. (I may be wrong, but I don't think it will let you vote twice.)

The choices, in the order in which they were listed, were:

-----Jerome Bettis wins then retires
-----Bill Cowher wins Super Bowl
-----Willie Parker's record run
-----Poor officiating
-----Antwaan Randle El TD pass

The outcome, from bottom to top, was as follows:

#5. Willie Parker's record run: 2% (!)

#4. Bill Cowher wins Super Bowl: 7% (!)

#3. Antwaan Randle El TD pass: 19%

#2. Jerome Bettis wins then retires: 32%

#1. POOR OFFICIATING: 39%.

Way to go, guys. Bettis was, pardon the pun, a whale of a story here. The Randle El story was a great one, although shame on Seattle for letting such a well known WR/passer do that to them. Cowher was a big human interest story. Even the last place finisher, the Willie Parker run, was "only" an all-time Super Bowl record. And you 8 idiots, who probably ruined the game for nearly as many Pitt fans as you did Seattle fans with your flagrantness [sic], were the big story.

Yo, Tags.... Before you call whatever investigators you're going to call, fire all 8 of these guys. Tomorrow morning. If a player took an aluminum bat to a QB, and broke 6 ribs, both knees and multiple bones in his passing arm and shoulder, you'd expel him for life the next day, right? That's what these guys just did to your game. Can 'em.

BHN

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I do agree that the officiating was a little suspect. The call most everyone is talking about is the one that I liked. Rothlisberger scored on that goal line play.IMO. If you take into consideration the fact that only the very tip of the ball must cross the very front of the goal line, where was the undisputable evidence that it did not? There is none, you would have to create the perfect angle and get really close in to see for sure. The officials simply did not have that luxury. If they did have that luxury, they MAY have found it did not cross the goal line. But they didn't and the Head Ref made a good decision to not overturn the call.

Anyway, Congratulations to the Steelers and THE BUS. Not the most exciting SB ever but I was happy to see the way it turned out. toejam, I know you are a fan and the day after a loss is never easy, ecspecially in the SB. I also know this is not the mindset I would have if The Pack would've lost yesterday, but the 'Hawks had a great year and should be proud of there season.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the Hawks did have a great year and we are all very proud of them up here, i thought they looked good the first quarter, controlling the game and the ball, the only thing missing was points on the board, the momentum slowly swung to Pittsburghs side as missed opportunities and a few shaky calls appeared to put the Hawks back on their heels...

they had their chances, the 2 out of bound passes near the goal line, Stevens dropped passes, penalties,bad clock management, and yes the Pittsburgh defense all contributed to their worst offensive output of the season...a team is only going to get so many chances to score in any game and every opportunity wasted is one that they will never have again....

it would have been nice to get a call or two to go our way but it just didn't happen...

the team made a giant step forward this year, got some respect and showed the rest of the country that we have a team way up here in the corner, now they need to resign Alexander, and get busy on next year, after all the 12th man is waiting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join