It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: STEELERS-SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL THREAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i never thought i would be able to post a thread like this....go figure, the seahawks in the SUPER BOWL...

both games yesterday were without a lot of drama, seattle and pittsburgh both did their jobs and dominated their games...the Hawks took Smith out of the game and the panthers were pathetic and helpless....can they control Big Ben? will the bus make them road kill? i can hardly wait for THE BIG GAME

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Either can I toejam. I will root for Pittsburgh but my gut says the MVP and the 'Hawks will win.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm with you TJ. Seahawks are WWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYY overdue. Plus the Steelers put out my Broncos. More importantly I'm out $10 Canadian. Or three and a quarter in US funds.

Thought I'd beat you all to the joke.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
wow, your dollar is on the rise...LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
wow, your dollar is on the rise...LOL

Ha! That's funnier still. LMAO!!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I hate Pittsburgh and the Seahawks.= both.But being a Pa native i gotta go with a great team called Pittsburgh.They beat 3,1,2 all on the ROAD!!!!Most were by big wins.Roethlisberger has more experiance going into the game.Jerome his might-be last game in his own town Detroit for a story book win.On the otherhand Seattle is tough as hell.The New Steel Curtain D will need to play at they're best.Hold Shaun to 50yds rushing.Make Hasselbeck throw INTs and fumble like what they did to Jake Plummer yesterday.If they can do all the right things then boom.SUper Bowl win for Pittsburgh.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
im sorry for being off-topic, but this is the only place i could find. do u guys know that "pass to pinky" game with Todd Pinkston? Do you guys know anymore links where there are nfl or other sport superstars that are featured in online games?

thank you

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, Fried, your game plan is sound, if it can be put into effect. However, Plummer has to be one of the worst QB's ever to start a conference championship game, and he only got to do so because of what a bunch of zebras--who should be interrogated by other, equally incompetent hacks at the FBI--did to New England. I know New England stunk in the second half, but even then they did so with zebraesque [SIC!] help, and the last 3 minutes of the first half made a fine emetic.

Oh, and one other flaw in your game plan: Hasselbeck is 10 times the QB Plummer is. Shanahan is a great system coach. For several years, he has turned just about any lead rusher into a statistical peer of Jim Brown, and he's turned Plummer into a much better passer, on paper, than he really is. Yesterday, the emperor had no clothes because he faced a real defensive unit and real zebras, forcing him to be what he's not: a real NFL QB.

So, let's not forget this Steelers team:

(1) Likely would not have won in Round One, except for Carson Palmer's horrific injury. That's something I cannot prove, any more than I can prove the Lakers would have beaten the Pistons the year Magic and Scott suffered season-ending hamstring injuries at the start of Game One of the NBA Finals, but any reasonable person will have to admit it's DAMN LIKELY Cinci beats the Steelers without that injury. Let's be charitable and say the game would have been a tossup. SO, instead of a 50-50 game, the Steelers had a game where they were a what, 5-1 favorite.

Then, in Playoff Game 2, they played an obviouslly flat and off-kilter Indi team, one which I think should have been coached by someone else that day, as I've commented at length before. Now, I think the Steelers deserve a TON of credit for that game, considering the (take your choice) atrocious/corrupt/blind-but-consistently-anti-Pittsburgh officiating in the second most poorly officiated game in the most horribly officiated NFL postseason I've ever seen; AND

In Playoff Game 3, they faced perhaps the worst starting QB to start a conference title game since... who? Did Kordell Stewart ever start one? I know David Woodley did, and I would consider him worse than Plummer, I suppose, but that's a long time ago.

And, of course, it shouldn't have come down like that, anyway. When Pitt was overcoming the Colts' great offense AND those horrible zebras, New England was falling apart in the second half because 11 men cannot beat 11 inferior men plus 8 (take your choice) weasels-zebras/blind bats-zebras/stubborn mules-zebras.

IF New England properly wins that game, THEY would have played Pitt yesterday. Assuming the title game was played before sighted, competent, etc., officials, would anyone have liked to bet on Pitt against New England, in Foxborough? I doubt it. I'd have given at least 2-1 to any such, um, brave souls.

However, you can't hold the atrocities in the New England/Denver game against the Steelers. They beat the Bengals, and their hit on Palmer was a clean one. They beat the consensus #1 team in the NFL AND the slings and arrows of officiating so outrageous the league (i) apologized for it and (ii) didn't even fine a player for calling it corrupt, which I thought would cost him a six-figure sum.

In other words, the Steelers did EVERYTHING THEY WERE ASKED TO DO. They didn't Romanowski Carlson Palmer out of Game One, and it's not their fault New England wasn't around for the Title Game.

BUT....

If I were they, I sure wouldn't expect to encounter in Detroit anything remotely like the generosity of Denver.

B.H.N.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Steelers vs. Seahawks.

I believe that it will be a close game right down to the final play. Then again, it could be a blow out for either side. But then again, this is coming from a Steeler fan.
:party-smiley-018:. Plus, it will take more than thirty points for either side to win.

[Edited on 1/28/06 by allfootball400]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't know about more than 30 but right at it is my guess. 27-21 Seahawks is my final. It should be a great game with the hottest team in the NFC all year against the hottest team in football right now. The outcome will not affect me in anyway since I am not going to bet on it, but I just hope to see a great game. The only reason I will root for Pittsburgh is "The Bus". I have always seen him as a stand up guy and I like the way he runs. (Its kinda funny to see those legs moving so fast trying to carry such a large man)

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i think that the seahawks will want a more wide open game, trusting their defense to stop big ben and the bus, pittsburgh will want a more grinding game controlling the clock with the running game....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You have to go with the Seahawks, they will make them big plays count. Pittsberg will be ultra conservative and that could be what costs them.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
the 12th man gave the Seahawks a super send off yesterday, there was a rally for the team outside Quest field at 8am, by 7:45 the area was full of fans hoping to catch a glimpse of the team and had to be roped off, after an hour long program the team flew to Detroit on owner Paul Allens private jet....the hawks spent all last week preparing and practicing so all the disruptions that they will face in Detroit this week should not effect their game plans....

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
has there been a super bowl in recent memory with less build up than this one? ther seems to be almost no hype, even up here in the seattle area, while everyone is excited about the game there has not been all that much, about the only stories are Bettis returning home and the contrived Stevens-Portis flap, is it the teams or the location?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My guess? We live in such a media-driven country, and neither of these cities is exactly a media magnet for sports.

Speaking for me, however, as a dyed-in-the-wool sports freak who would miss the Super Bowl only if it coincided with Game 7 of the World Series (or maybe 7 of an LCS), I'm really looking foward to this game. The Steelers' return reminds me of how I felt in 1976, when the legendary NY Yankees returned to the World Series--their World Series--for the first time in 12 years, a period of absence which had been just plain unthinkable.

And the Seahawks? How many other franchises are there in the NFL that have never appeared in the Super Bowl? Don't count post-1970's expansion franchises. Or the Arizona Cardinals, because their owner doesn't try. That leaves: New Orleans, who arguably also shouldn't count, and Detroit.

So I'm very excited about this game. Either one of the few true Super Bowl dynasties of yesteryear will get their first ring in a long time--the one for the thumb--or Seattle will do considerably more than make their first appearance. How can a football fan not love THAT? It's as if next year's World Series featured the Indians, who haven't won it all since 1948, against the Giants (1954).

But yeah, I'm sure the ratings will be atrocious. Too bad Fox doesn't have the game, huh?

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
TOEJAM: Are people in your neck of the woods near unanimously jacked up sky-high for this game?

My baby sister had pretty much never watched a baseball game in her life, and delighted in sneering at it (or football, hoops, etc.), but when the Red Sox did their miraculous thing, she actually watched their games even before her husband was home from work, which I'd have thought I'd have died before seeing.

Are people like that up there right now? Are lifelong football haters dying for the Super Bowl to kick off? I'm sure you are. And, as much as I admire Cowher and love The Bus and like that team, I'm rooting for your boys.

B.H.N.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
there is a lot of anticipation in these here neck of the woods for the game, everyone is all of a sudden a fan, there still seems to be a flatness for the game here though, no where near the excitement that i felt when i was living in washington DC and the Redskins played for the first time, the big concern up here a day before the game is this major storm blowing in off the Pacific, lots of wind and a bit of rain, they are predicting possible 70mph wind gusts saturday afternoon....wind like that up here means power outages, power outages means no tv!!!! after 30 years to lose your power on Super Bowl Sunday just isn't right....

my wife could care less about the game, she might watch the stones halftime show but that is it, if she wins the pool at her office she may just become a fan overnight though...LOL

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
it looks like the main part of the storm went by us to the south, the wind has died down and the power is still on....I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL :party-smiley-018:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, massive power blackouts would be awful. We' ve had over 50 inches of rain on my part of the Pacific Coast so far this year, and we had a 2-day power blackout that had an S.S.P. (severe sucking problem). But having it happen in Seattle on the day of their first Super Bowl??? Now, THERE'S an S.S.P.

B.H.N.

join