It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Panthers march on!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I got a bit excited today as i got to see both the games on TV and i thought the Panthers looked good in the NFC wild-card game. Foster had another good day running the ball with 151yrds and his toe injury didn't seem to hamper him at all.

But thier D looked awesome and held the Giants to only 132 yrds total and they failed to get a point on the baord. To me they looked like they have a good chance to make the finals if they keep playing like that, but they was up and down in the regualr season so it remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Heh, that was a good game, I figured that D would be getting into Eli's face all day, and that's exactly how it played out. Now, I'm not so sure about next weekend for those guys. The Bears D is that darn good. And they have Grossman back, he'll make enough plays to get Da Bears into the next round.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As I wrote somewhere else on here awhile ago, the computer only made one betting pick this week. The NYG-Carolina game was it. The given point spread at kickoff time, apparently, was NYG -2.5. The computer said Carolina -4, making Carolina a big play. And AGAIN the computer was right.

Not surprising. At the beginning of the season, several of us were writing about how Carolina looked real good and how we thought they would at least make the playoffs, and probably make it well into the playoffs.

And no, I was just a "Me, too" voice, so I won't claim much credit. My first pick, which looks silly now, was the Eagles.

B.H.N.

new topics

join