It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Chiefs' Holmes out for the year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
star running back Priest Holmes is out for the year because of head and neck trauma, he hopes to resume his career next season

why oh why are they all on my fantasy teams?

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AtBaF5bHj.V2h7zJhAyXWWc5nYcB?slug=ap-chiefs-holmes&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This sucks. Well at least now Larry does not have anything to complain about. He gets to carry the Chiefs through the end of the season. Priest has not finished 2 of his last 3 seasons. I am not sure his old body can take it anymore. He definately does not shy away from contact on the field.

Johnson has put up some interesting numbers, including a little over 5 yards per carry. There is nothing wrong with that. Now the offensive line needs to get healthy.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Do you think they might be better off with just one back getting all of the carries? Then he can hit a groove, and stay with it. Or did the two back system keep the defenses on thier toes enough? this may be an interesting scientific study playing out over the the rest of the season.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Larry Johnson will step up, just like the game against the raiders.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe the 2 back system can work, if the players are willing and the coach knows what he is doing. Priest would "soften" up the D with a few hard runs, then Larry would come in and just run past everybody. Larry tended to play all out when he is the backup, but when he starts, he is kindof tenative. Almost like he doesnt want to do too much too soon in the game.

If he can go all out from the first carry, he should have no problems against the Bills, especially if the left side of the O-Line is healthy.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It doesn't look like they did too well against the Bills today. You have to wonder if Priest would have made a difference.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
It doesn't look like they did too well against the Bills today. You have to wonder if Priest would have made a difference.

I doubt it. Larry had 132 yards on 27 carries (~4.9 yds/carry) and 46 yards on 5 catches. Not a bad day at all. Trent Greens 3 picks and 1 fumble are what cost them the game. I did love the blitz schemes that Gunther threw at them!

Back on the Priest side of things, he is back in for tests, and speaks out about some of the rumors.

Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Priest Holmes says he'll undergo two more tests on his neck and spine and then decide whether to resume his record-setting NFL career next year.

In his first public comments since going on injured reserve, the three-time Pro Bowl running back and holder of the NFL's single-season touchdown mark also disputed a report he had a lump on his spine.

"I do not," he said Thursday.

Holmes is a great running back. Period. But I don't think his body is going to hold up much longer. His running style is not one that will produce a 20 year career.

top topics

join