It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Jeff George?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What's up? I'm pretty shocked there's not a team in the NFL that has a need for a gunslinger that hasn't signed this guy. He's had a spotty career at best, and in my opinion has gotten a bad rap as a head case, but he's never been on a team with any consistency at coach. I think 10 head coaches in 12 years, or something like that.

I've been watching football since Unitas was The Man and I've never seen an arm better than Jeff George's. He's been working out. I know he's prepared. Whazzzup?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I remember hearing about some team having him in training camp this year, I think.

I gota say though, he really stunk up the joint while in DC. Schottenheimer may have had somethign to do with that, though.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
He was on the Bears' roster briefly last year, but I don't think he ever got in a game. He wasn't in anyone's camp this year. Man, if I was a GM needing some experienced quality at backup, I'd sign this guy in a heartbeat. He'd probably come cheap and whotta arm!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah. If I could afford 3 QB's on my roster full time, he'd be one for sure, because MAN, you could throw a Hail Mary from almost anywhere. Imho, that's not so inconsequential a thing to have.

Just ask the players on the 1984 Miami Hurricanes, who saw a puny little QB throw one from the other 38-yard-line into the end zone, something I'll never understand how Flutie did. Obviously Miami didn't think he could do it; obviously Phelan thought otherwise. Obviously Phelan was right.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For a baseball history nut, you certainly have a marvelous command of football knowledge, in my opinion. Of course, agreeing with me helps in that regard

Who would have thought Flutie would have had the career he's had? Whatever happened to Gino Torretta?

It would be fun to watch George come out and launch a few down the field. I was surprised when he didn't stick in Oakland. With their penchant for taking on guys that don't fit in elsewhere, and their vertical style, I thought he'd thrive. But when Gruden came in and signed Gannon, he was gone.

Schottenheimer clashed with George in DC over the West Coast Offfense, the same issue he had with Gruden. Jeff wants to hurl bombs, not dink it down the field.

Anyway, he's sure fun to watch. I hope he hooks up with somebody this season. I don't think he's done and I know he can still play.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sorry, you don't need to stick a fork in him to know that George is done. He was average at best in his prime.

For any team considering this move and messing with your Cap....... :angry-smiley-034:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
George WILL be on somebody's roster before the end of the season.
-Nostradumbass
:bounce:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In order to facilitate his inevitable return to the NFL, Jeff George magnanimously relinquishes his spot on a local radio station's sports show. Or something.

Link to article

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
In order to facilitate his inevitable return to the NFL, Jeff George magnanimously relinquishes his spot on a local radio station's sports show. Or something.

Link to article

No problem, I'm going to give my job up to play quarterback for the Niners as soon as I get the call. It should be my turn by week 14.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was usually the best hitter on any softball team I played on. I couldn't run (8.5 in the 50 is my life's best--no lie), nor field to save my life, so they put me at 1B (I'm almost 6'2"), and hoped the other team didn't have good left-handed hitters. But I could sure nail a softball with my natural swing and my excessive body size.

I'm kind of bored--hell, after all these years, real bored--with my criminal appellate practice. So to hell with my 2 guys sitting on San Quentin's Death Row. I'm going to announce that I and my "sweet swing" are available for any American League team that needs a DH with the bat speed of a 52-year-old, but very strong legs. They don't have to go a penny over $2.5 million per year.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth

No problem, I'm going to give my job up to play quarterback for the Niners as soon as I get the call. It should be my turn by week 14.

Well, you couldn't do much worse for them.

BHN, I'm a whole year younger. So after you catch on, let me know if there's a youth movement to add a 2nd baseman with limited range who can't hit a curve. I'll go for 75k and free ballpark food.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We will have lifelong right-handed hitters batting left-handed against out team.

new topics

top topics

join