It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: TO suspended by the Eagles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Terrell Owens has been suspended indefinitly by the Eagles for "conduct detrimental to the team", this comes after comments he made because the Eagles didn't recogmize him after his 100th touchdown catch 2 weeks ago

nobody can deny that TO is an outstanding receiver but it sounds like the Eagles have had their beaks full of his childish behaviour

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AmOcfhOBkBp6clZr5GnZdZs5nYcB?slug=ap-eagles-owenssuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's about darn time. This guy is the embodiment of everything wrong with sports.

TRD

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Jeeze...

You think he will be gone at the end of the season?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmm, how do I feel about this? Um, er..........

Welcome to the jungle Philly. I wasn't sorry to see his butt leave town, unlike Streets.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Jeeze...

You think he will be gone at the end of the season?

I think that Eagles management totally ms-handled this situation. They should have tried to trade him when this first started becoming a problem, then they could have at least got something in return for him. Now, they are stuck with him, and he them. Most likely, he'll just be released at the end of the season, and the Eagles will get nothing in return for him.

Of course, I don't really care that this situation has happened in Philadelphia. In fact, I rather enjoy watching him tear that team apart.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
the eagles lost 17-10 last night. a margin that could have easily have been overcome if TO had been playing, i admire Andy Reid for having the courage to make the move that may have cost them the game, there will be a lot of second guessing on this one but i think he made the right decision

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
T.O gets what he needs and now the team can move on

bg

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That's why he should go to the Detroit Lions! (Mootch suspended him over the Cowboys thing) That's all Detroit needs!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Reunite with Mooch and Garcia! LOL!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i think he should join the saints they need all the help they can get

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Did ya'll see the "sincere" apology that he gave after he was finally suspended. Living in the heart of Eagles country, or at least by the liver, I told many of thier fans last season, "You better watch what you ask for."

And he's following my gameplan, to a T. What a friggin idiot this guy is.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
T.O.'s a whiney bitch.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Your post will probably get deleted, and perforce mine with it, since it's based on yours. But I think you are stating matters too mildly.

T.O. is a punk who wants to revel in "the glory of Me." He will be remembered, along with a very few other supremely talented athletes like Eric Dickerson and Garry Templeton, as someone who was born with a bottomless well of ability, and who could have been one of the very greatest ever, but whose repugnant personality kept him from being 1/2 of what he could have been.

I remember when Templeton was traded for Ozzie Smith. Everyone said St. Louis was insane, because Templeton was fully Ozzie's equal in the field and 100 times better at the plate. Which was true as to batting average, HR and triples power, and range in the field, up until that point in time, but....

And I remember when it was a "given" Dickerson would obliterate the career rushing record. Which seemed eminently reasonable, but....

Well, this constantly braying jackass could take a serious run at some of Jerry Rice's "untouchable" records, but....

Baseball History Nut

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree with all of this and well I have to say he deserves to be fired for all I care because T.O. just says he is that damn good but he can't get the job done.

new topics

top topics

join