It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Kansas City Chiefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
OK, I have a beef. The Chiefs have the best linebacker prospect they have had since the late, great, Derrick Thomas. And there is something similar between these two, besides their first name. Derrick Johnson, picked in the first round by the Chiefs this year is fast. Oh my, he is fast.

I am a firm supporter of Gunther Cunningham, but I am losing faith.

A revamped defense. A coordinator that is known for blitzing. A faster defense. Better cornerbacks. And why are in the HELL are you standing on the sidelines? You would see how bad your sceme is from the booth, just like you used to do. Get back upstairs!!

But what do I constantly see? Derrick Johnson in PASS COVERAGE? What?!? Are you kidding me?!? He can't disrupt the backfield if he has to cover the slot receiver. Then the Chiefs rush 4 guys. Linebackers drop back into zone, fine, I understand that. Why in the HELL does a receiver get open 8 yards down the field and allow the other team to get a first down and extend their drive?!? 7 Guys in coverage. With a max of 5 receivers. Um, do the math.

Live and die by the blitz. Fine get burned for 1 or 2 TDs. Fill the holes with linebackers, prevent the run. But please stop allowing the other team to march down the field with 7 yard passes on 3rd down when it is 3 and 6. Playing against the Chiefs D is easy, short crossing routes and buttonhooks, all 7 yard routes. The Chiefs are so worried about the deep ball that they are willing to give up the underneath stuff.

Oh, and the offense this year. What the hell? This is not the Chiefs offense of the last 2 years. Yes, they have injury problems. But if Priest has shown us anything, he can and will make things happen. Give him the ball. Run middle, run left, tosses, swing passes (YES PLEASE, A SWING PASS WOULD BE AWESOME), something, anything.

Larry... buddy... when you get a handoff, and see #88 in front of you, in a HUGE hole, please follow him, don't bounce to the outside. Tony G. will help you get down field, instead of being stopped at the line of scrimmage.

Still ticked off, Crayon

[Edited on 9/28/2005 by crayon]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I agree with you about Holmes. It irritated even me (not a Cheifs fan; Go Broncos:cool
that in the red zone they kept Larry Johnson in (and I like Larry, he went to Carolina) instead of Holmes. Is there a better guy in the league at punching it in the Endzone than Preist Holmes? Maybe as good, but not better. The Cheifs had to stick with their "alternating drives" plan with respect to their running backs instead of putting Holmes in deep in the Redzone.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nekbone
I agree with you about Holmes. It irritated even me (not a Cheifs fan; Go Broncos:cool
that in the red zone they kept Larry Johnson in (and I like Larry, he went to Carolina) instead of Holmes. Is there a better guy in the league at punching it in the Endzone than Preist Holmes? Maybe as good, but not better. The Cheifs had to stick with their "alternating drives" plan with respect to their running backs instead of putting Holmes in deep in the Redzone.

LJ in a Nittany Lion, my friend. Only player to rush for over 2,000 yareds under JoePa.

As for the Cheifs, I wouldn't be too worried. They will make the playoffs. Not too far, but they'll be in there.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, reading that again I don't know what the heck I was thinking. I know he didn't play for Carolina (didn't know where he went) but at the time it seemed so rational.
I was thinking of someone else who was a Heel and it just translated to Larry somehow. My only excuse is that I was running off of 3 hours of sleep.

It won't be my last mistake, trust me.
I'm far from perfect, heh.

[Edited on 9/30/05 by nekbone]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If we kept track of mistakes around here, I think I'd be the winner...

I'd love to see them play LJ more, since he is probably the best RB that ever came from Penn State. And that was his only fumble in his profesional career, so I don't know why some people are jumping on his case.

top topics

join