It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Don't count the Packers out yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok... this is the Packers first 0-3 start since I can remember. But even so, I can't help but feel completely at ease. The lions, Bears, and Vikings are all teams that aren't playing well right now. Today, in a tough 17-16 loss to the Buccaneers, we proved we could play with the best. Our biggest problem is confidence and PENALTIES. Once we get rid of the penalties, then we win because we don't have to kick and miss 42 yard field goals. once we win, our confidence gets boosted... Once Confidence is no problem, and the Penalties are at a minimum, then the packers will be a force in the NFC north.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing is, this is most likely Brett's last season. They need to admit that this is a rebuilding year, and let the rookie get some snaps in, so he has some playing time under his belt.

Trust me, I know what it's like to see your team fall quickly from grace. It totally sucks. But, I think that's what we're seeing here. I don't even know if having Walker there would have made much of a difference.

Edit-spelling

[Edited on 9/25/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
packers are done

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GracieJiuJitsu
packers are done

Facts are facts. I may be wrong but don't they share the same record as my Niners?

WooHoo, SuperBowl 56. One of might be there.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i thought the Vikes and the Packers were out of it, but after further review of their division, either one of them could win the division if they win some games right quick. it is probably the weakest division in the NFL and anything could happen there, i don't expect any suprises but it's possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Could happen AF but it's out in the first round of the playoffs to a good team out of the East or South.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
i thought the Vikes and the Packers were out of it, but after further review of their division, either one of them could win the division if they win some games right quick. it is probably the weakest division in the NFL and anything could happen there, i don't expect any suprises but it's possible.

Not that it matters that much anyway, as neither team would do much of anything in the playoffs...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
is Farve finished? throwing 5 interceptions last week and losing the ball to a drunk made for a terrible game for him, with all the injuries everyone knows he is going to throw the ball a lot and he has bounced back in a big way before but he just looks old to me

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
and losing the ball to a drunk made for a terrible game for him,

BTW, does that count as a turnover?

top topics

join