It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Now I'm a happy guy. Niners first in NFC West.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok, this tickles me pink, yeah right. Seeing as the Cards, Gulls and Rams lost last week, that means that the Red and Gold will be leading the NFC West for at least 10 more days. Weeeeeeeeeee. :party-smiley-018:

After that reality will set in and it's back to mediocrity. They play in Philly this week. Ouch.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Go Niners!

At least beat Filthydelphia...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Luckily, you guys may not have to worry about McNabb, as he may be out with that Chest Bruise. Then you can Double up on Terrel owens, and you guys should have a close game. But don't expect the Niners to be good enough to make the playoffs.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Go Niners!

At least beat Filthydelphia...

Well... It's 28-0 Philly with a minute till the half.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
T.O. is embarrassing their secondary

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
although I'd say hes pretty embarrassing for philly as well :party-smiley-018:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
truenorth, I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
unfortunately they wont make the playoffs this year

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
truenorth, I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted...

I didn't expect it to last long.
However, they still are in first place in their division. They have Dallas this week Arizona after that, then it get's hard, like Philly hard. Indy,bye, Skins. If they can get by the Plowboys we can lead the division for the first quarter of the season. Not bad for a pathetic team.

BTW, I don't blame the players, the coach, the previous coach. When you have an accountant as an owner this is bound to happen.

Make the playoffs this year?
I'll be greatful to the pigskin gods if they go 500. Unfortunately I'm seeing a 5-11 season. Better than 2-14.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, it's over. Damn near won today, gave Dallas all they could handle. Lost inside the final 2 minute warning. 34-31.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That was a tough loss... I though you guys had that one for sure.. or at least based on the score I saw in the 3rd quarter. But don't feel bad... My Packers lost by 1, because of a botched PAT and 50 billion penalties.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I went to bed at halftime last night feeling all warm and fuzzy about the Niners/Cards game. The defense scores twice, the first time 9 seconds into the game. Little did I know that would be all that they scored. They lose 31-14, the majority of the points scored in the 4th. I only got the line score so I'm not certain but I'd bet the farm that the reason for this is because that excellent defense spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THE FIELD. Being a BIG fan of defense, if this is the case, I'm seriously ticked at the offense.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw quite a bit of that game last night.

From what I saw you guys won't be seeing first place again for quite a while.

The Cardinals are a terrible football team (0 and 3 coming in) and they just worked you guys.

If it wasn't for the Niners' defense, San Francisco would have been shutout 31 to 0.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I saw that game, too. If it weren't for their defense, the Niners would have lost 61-0. And I, too, am a Niners fan in Northern CA. Oh, well, we sure had our great years, so now I guess it's only right we suffer through THIS.

I have a close friend of over 30 years who is a lifelong Yankees fan. He suffered through the floor's falling out in 1965, their finishing last out of TEN teams in 1966, and their continuing to stink for several more years. He never quit rooting for them. A true Yankee fan, not just a fair-weather fan.

So I guess I gotta be like Paul, huh? Suffer along with my Niners....

Baseball History Nut (and Football Fan, too)

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Man, if these guys could play 60 minutes a game the Niners would be unstoppable.

Beat TB 15-10.

:party-smiley-018:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
Man, if these guys could play 60 minutes a game the Niners would be unstoppable.

Beat TB 15-10.

:party-smiley-018:

And they got me out of my survival league, those bastards!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The 49ers beat Tampa Bay 15 to 10.
The Philadelphia Eagles get de-feathered at the hands of Jake Plummer and the Broncos 49 - 28.
Those Redskins go into a very somber Giant Stadium and the house team rocks them 36 - 0!

new topics

top topics

join