It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Saints Woes a Blessing in Disguise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok, everyone knows that due to Hurrican Katrina, there will be no Home Games in LA for the New Orleans Saints for a long while. But, could this be a blessing in disguise? Let's take a look at their Home W-L record and their Away W-L record.

New Orleans was 3-5 at Home. New Orleans was 5-3 away. Ok... 8-8 is okay, only if you play in the NFC. They missed out on the playoffs by a single game. The New Orleans Saints are highly underrated. They have an Awesome RB and WR in Joe Horn and McAllister. they also acquired McKenzie from the Packers. they could do so much bette and I expect them to make the playoffs this year or the next.

Going back to their records. They play, slightly, better on he road. So maybe playing somewhere other than their usual home, though it will still most likely be in Louisiana, maybe they can make the playoffs. If the NFC is anything like it was last year, then 9 wins will give them a spot.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It might help. But, they have no home games which means no money. I think that they are underrated as an offense, definitely not a defense.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a playoff saints team would lift the spirits of new orleans

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i hope they make it

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to mess with that football team this year. they are on a mission. They are probably the most dangerous football team right now. We shall find out how bad they want it. Can't wait for the double header tonight.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah the Saints lost Monday but They really have a solid football team put together. IT just sucks for them that they will really have no home field advantage. Yeah they played better on the road last year but still home field just adds a great deal. Then again in about every stadium they play this year there will probably be a big New Orleans following.

Since the Browns aren't going to go anywhere this year the Saints will be my interm team

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Saints only lost, because all their key players had down games. This is what makes the Saints underrated. They could easily win 10+ games a year, but because of inconsistency, they falter. I don't see them making the playoffs this year... but most definately next year.

top topics

join