It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Preseason prediction.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Now that the preseason is FINALLY here, it's time for some prognostication.

I see the parity in the AFC, lots of teams in that conference are going to beat each other up through the playoffs. NFC this year........... Eagles.

What are your thoughts everyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Of course being a packers fan, I have to be biased and say they will make a run for the SB. Favre has lost 14 lbs and looked great in our first scrimmage against the Chargers. Our defense also looks a LOT better than last years. I've never watched AFC football much, so I'll just have to say the Patriots or Steelers.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Packers vs. Steelers would be cool. The Bus vs. Favre. I do not like either teams but I respect them. It might be Bettis' last year and Favre is coming to the end of his career. I just hope they both stay healthy to meet in the Super Bowl. It would really be something. Two Great players finishing out their careers for the Ultimate trophy

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
what a joke...the packers????? ahahahaha they wont finish above 3rd in the nfc north! Could be the worst post ever.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
Could be the worst post ever.

Well, that's hardy called for.

What's your prediction?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
He must be a Detroit Lions fan

The pack will always have a shot at the SB as long as Favre is in town.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I started my own thread earlier, not realizing this one was pretty much the same thing. Just as well because I've ended up altering my predictions.

I simply don't like the Vikings, particularly because of their reliance on Moss (the "Randy ratio" had to be the worst idea I ever heard). I think his absence could be a problem for them. Detroit's performance last season speaks for itself. So much for the Packers finishing 3rd in the NFC North, assuming their pre-season scoring difficulties don't last. Chicago's scoring for the preseason is impressive for a team that has QB problems, but I don't trust the pre-season as a great indicator of things to come necessarily. The Packers will win their division in my view, they'll probably face the Vikings in the wildcard round, but it could end up being the Bears. Either way they'll win.

I expect better from the Rams this season, I think they'll outdo the Seahawks this time around, dispatch the Seahawks in the Wildcards.

Naturally the Eagles and Falcons will be getting the first round bye in the NFC. If the Packers go up against the Falcons, and i think they will, I don't necessarily write them off. I'm taking a gamble by picking the Packers to win that, and go on to face the Eagles in the NFC Championship. The Eagles will win.

The AFC is far more interesting. Mainly because you can't go to the playoffs with an 8-8 record there.

I think the Ravens will do better with the tweaks to their defense and their new recievers. I expect them to overtake the Jets to earn a wildcard slot, leaving the Jets and Broncos to fight over the second wildcard. I'll take a slight gamble and go with the Broncos.

I think the Colts will slip a little- I don't trust shoot-out teams, and I don't see what they're doing to improve their D (granted I'm not paying extremely close attention). Lucky for them, there really isn't anyone there to threaten their division, but they'll have to play the better of the two wildcard teams, which means the Ravens, who will be able to shut down their 1 dimensional offense and beat them.

Charges win the AFC West and beat the Broncos in the Wildcard round.

Patriots and Steelers get the byes once again. The Steelers will advance no matter who they play. I think the Ravens would have a slim chance of getting by the Patriots though if they get that match.

Steelers will beat whoever they face in the conference championship.

Steelers versus Eagles is your superbowl. I don't particularly care who wins- I like both of those teams. I think the Eagles will win, but I want the Steelers to.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't see the bears making the playoffs... especially seeing as how their starting quarterback broke his ankle.

KJ

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is about the most even playing field I've seen in the NFL in a while. The Eagles are struggling to keep their chemistry (which guided them to three NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl visit) since Terrell Owens threw a fit about his money. They have no real threat for the #2 receiver and Donovan McNabb has never really been known as being the best pure passer in the world.

The Patriots have really taken quite a blow losing both coordinators and some key leaders of this team. The Steelers will be hard-pressed to repeat their magical season.

I have to think that if Atlanta's defense can hold up and Michael Vick doesn't get injured, the Falcons can probably sneak into the title game. Their opponents? I'm curious to know why no one has mentioned the Indianapolis Colts. Their offense is virtually unstoppable, and this could be Edge's last year in Indy. With the Pats stumbling, Indy will have the chance to finally take the AFC title.

Colts over Falcons.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Vikings over the Jaguars, 34-27.

Remember, you heard it here first.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think nobody is mentioning the Colts because their defense and running game are less than stellar.
If they go up against the Ravens in the wild cards they're done. If they go up against the Steelers in the Division Championships their done.
If they get really lucky they'll face the Broncs in the wild card and Pats in the Division Championships- then they've got a slim chance of surviving to go up against either the Ravens or the Steelers- probably the Steelers, in the Conference Championships, and thats just as far as they go- period. I don't think a shoot-out team like the colts that can't run the ball against a stout defense is going to be able to keep up, especially against a running team that can eat the clock and shut them down at least part of the time on D.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Broncos will be lucky to make the playoffs. They look much better on paper than they do in real life. I get to watch the Rocky Mountain sports show, and they'reconstantly sying how Clarette was mistake.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think that Denver could be a long shot for the playoffs this year, but we will have to see about that. As for the New Orleans Saints, they have nowhere to play their home football games this year. This is due to the damage that the roof of the Superdome incurred on Monday. They could play their home games at Reliant Stadium because the Houston Texans offered them to use the stadium. This depends on approval from the league office.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am a huge Cowboys fan. I am also a pretty realistic fella. I didn't expect much from them last year. However, their defense has looked amazing this preseason. That was their weakness last year. If they get that defense working, they'll make the playoffs. Hell, they won 6 games last year with no defense, their running back out half the year, and Vinnie Testaverde as the quarterback. Surely, they'll easily win 8 or 9 games with Bledsoe, a solid defense, and Julius Jones possibly being a stud this season.

TRD

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is alot of talks about the Vikings putting it together this season. The definatly have the QB and their WR corps look solid. Whats everyone think of their chances?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hmmm... being a Packers fan I have to say they don't look better than us. But even last year, with Moss they only finished 8-8. I don't really expect much better (Not the Packers bias speaking). The Vikings have been a very good football team the last few years, but they have just never been able to pull it together. Maybe they will do it this year... but I'd rather see Favre get one last title before he retires.

Also, the Bears are always a team I watch for. People tend to forget that just 2 or 3 years ago they went 13-3. I don't expect much from them either now that their starting QB has a broken ankle.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Please spare us any more Packer talk! They suck. Favre has long ago seen his best days. His ego and belief he can still "make" things happen will prove to be a detriment to an otherwise mediocre team.

Likewise, don't expect the Steelers to repeat their fantasy ride of last year. Reality will bite big Ben R and the aging, overrated Bettis in the rear this year. They were exposed as frauds in the playoffs last year. Those were the real Steelers. Didn't you people learn anything! The crown weighs heavy on Ming as he brings his knowledge to you from on high. So long as Pitts. is saddled with Bettis and Sgt Slaughter as their coach, a veritable cartoon of a man, they will not win anything.

The Vikings have shown Ming nothing in the preseason. But Ming will grant them 3 weeks of regular season play to prove themselves. Then Ming will report to you how good they really are or are not.

NE, and a coach with a brain (you listening Martz, Sarge and Herm, Tony D., et als?) remain the class of the football world.

So it is written and thus shall it be.

Thus sprach Ming.

[Edited on 9/8/05 by MingMercil]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Quick Playoff Predictions. It'll be fun to see if I'm even close

AFC

New England - Bye
Indianapolis - Bye

Pittsburgh vs. N.Y. Jets
Denver vs. Baltimore

New England vs. N.Y. Jets
Indianapolis vs. Denver

Indianapolis vs. N.Y. Jets

NFC

Atlanta - Bye
Philadelphia - Bye

St. Louis vs. Dallas
Green Bay vs. Carolina

Atlanta vs. St. Louis
Philadelphia vs. Green Bay

Atlanta vs. Green Bay

Super Bowl

Atlanta vs. Indianapolis

Winner: Atlanta Falcons

TRD

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here pick the bones out of that....

AFC playoff entrants will be:

San Diego
Indianapolis (Home Field Advantage)
Baltimore
Jets
New England (Wild Card)
Pittsburgh (Wild Card)

NFC playoff teams will be:

St Louis
Carolina
Minnesota
Philadelphia (Home Field Advantage)
Atlanta (Wild Card)
Dallas (Wild Card)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Minnesota over Jacksonville. Unless the Colts get homefield advantage, then they win it all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join