It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: THE PATRIOTS R TAKIN IT AGAIN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I see Ming has returned to educate you all...

I know the Pats lost a few in the pre-season and it was well highlighted, but they should still be right up there. They should make the play-offs, but i think they will do it via the wildcard. Brady will carry the team in more ways than one and he still has to be beaten in a post-season game. The AFC is pretty strong this season and i don't think it will be all plain sailing for the Pats. San Diego, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Jets, New England and Pittsburgh should all make the play-offs and the Jets could oust the Pats as AFC east champs...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Patsies did look impressive in the win over Oakland. But, that was Oakland, and I'm not impressed, just yet. I expect the Pats to make the playoffs, but I don't see them winning the Super Bowl again.

If they do, I promise Ming that I will eat my words. Right here, live on the internet.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ming is happy to hear it Gibbsy - prepare for a big meal. Ming does not care for your Yoda figure and will require you to change it by the end of this season.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Packers lost a tough one to the Lions, but i'm not too upset. The Lions typically play very well on opening day. I think it was two years ago they scored 42 points on opening day. I see the Lions like I do the Saints, highly underrated. both have the potential to make the playoffs this year. I don't see the Lions making it this year, but could possibly do so next year, or the year after. I was gald to see the Saints pull off a win against the Panthers. It finally backed my argument in how they are underrated, and it's always funnyto see the SB pick to go down in week 1.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All this talk about the Patriots....Look at the Cleveland Browns

They will win it all this year...with their Blistering speed, Thunderous Hits and a Heart of a lion. NOTHING will come in the way of them and the super bowl....except Cincinnati, Detroit, Carolina, Chicago, Green Bay...ok the entire NFL. Hey at least you know everytime they step on the field it is a moral victory...well..sometimes...OK NEVER.

The Pats are starting to annoy me. I like variety. And after last nights game watch out for Atlanta.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Ming is happy to hear it Gibbsy - prepare for a big meal. Ming does not care for your Yoda figure and will require you to change it by the end of this season.

Done

Will not change this at your command though. While you may rule in Mongo, your rule stops at the Pennsylvania border.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I see an AFC team definetly winning..does anyone think the giants will make the super bowl

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
New York Jets - 2005 AFC EAST CHAMPIONS! After the total dissection of TOm Brady on Sunday by the Panthers, I'd say the Patsies have done fell back to Earth head first.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I defiantely think, that again, the Steelers will be the ones to beat. Everyone thought Big Ben wouldn't match last season... but he has done so with flying colors. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers go 16-0 this year... they're that good. I think the teams to beat in the NFC are the Panthers and Falcons.

To add on, my Packers lost an easy game against the Browns, which for some reason hasn't got me worried. The Vikings are playing horribly, and the Bears and Lions are both 1-1. We still have more than enough games to rake the NFC North easily. We were 2-6 last year, and still made the playoffs... so until we're 2-7... I'm not worrying.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Aren't you forgetting about some midwestern team, that used to be in Baltimore? The Colts have taken on the identity of Coach Dungy, and are hitting hard on D. True, the Jags gave them fits this past weekend, but the Jags are darn good, too. Look for the Colts to get home field advantage throughout, pavign the way for a Super Bowl Victory.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Manning is so similar to Marino, that I'm gonna say he has the same playoff success. He'll be one of the greats who never get a ring. But I wouldn't be the slightest surprised to see them winthe SB. Whenever I get my new keyboard, instead of using this on-screen one, I'll do the weekly match-ups like I did for NBA and MLB playoffs.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I figure Bledsoe is more like Marino, he's been to the Super Bowl and lost, yet has passed for gonzo yardage...

Yeah, a weekly game preview would be good, I tried to do that last year, but got kinda busy, and this year it's just insane for the next few weeks. Get them up, I'll be adding my comments...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If Manning stays healthy, Colts get homefield advantage thru the playoffs. Which means they'll play in SB XL in Detroit, and bust up whoever shows from the NFC. Freeney is The Real Deal and Montae Reagor is one scary dude. But I must say, in public, he's one of the most personable and nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. Just don't be wearing a different color jersey on the field on Sunday.

Teams have been dropping 8 guys back in pass coverage against the Colts. This opens up things for Edge running the ball, and Peyton's content to take what the defense gives him. He calls his own game, and I'm not seeing anybody doing any better at that. Pittsburg is scary, but if we can get them in The Dome come playoff time, we'll take 'em.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
HOW BOUT THOSE PATS there going all the

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
pats will lose to the colts in the playoffs

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They very well may, but the Colts had better not be as confident about it as you are, or they will get their tails kicked. Fortunately for them, I don't think they--or any other team in the N.F.L.--wants to play the Pats or is about the sell the short. I sure wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't believe that the patsies will even make it ot play the Colts. If nothing changes next weekend, they'll be playing the Jags, who have a very good team that we haven't heard much about, because they are playing second fiddle in thier division bacause of the Indianapolis team. The Pats are hurting again. Will Bruschi be back, how bad was his injury last night?

They have had a magical run, but it just ain't happening this year.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
But how healthy is Leftwich?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good question, but David Gerrard has been filling in quite well.

I just read that Leftwich may start on Sunday, though. I think that the Jags could take the Pats even without him, though. The Patriots are just that thin this year.

TRD

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Can they defend their title?

Alot of people had written them off after their 4-4 start, but they are now 10-5 with a game against Miami left and a win there, a few results go their way they could end up the 3rd seeded team. They have been battered by injuries all season and all i can say that they are giving it a go.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join