It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Washington Redskins 2005 offseason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Redskins, who have dominated the press in recent offseasons, really haven't made too much noise this year, at least as far as signing big names. Of course, there is other news that has been reported, and a big trade.

Here's a few thread links discussing what's been going on since my namesake's first season back from retirement -

Sean Taylor charged with assault

Portis sued over jersey number

Gibbs fine after surgery

Hasselbeck released

Deal reached with Moss

Trade with the Jets

Brunell reworks contract

Gibbs defends re-signings

Rabach deal?

Smoot to be let go

Gibbs the jokester

Brian Mitchell retires

[Edited on 6/7/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wide receiver Kevin Dyson signed with the Washington Redskins on Monday in hopes of returning to the NFL after playing in just one regular season game since the end of the 2002 season.

Dyson had 178 receptions for 2,325 yards and 18 touchdowns in parts of six seasons with the Tennessee Titans and Carolina Panthers.

source

CBS

Dyson, in addition to Rod Gardner, David Patton, and Santana Moss, the 'skins should have a rag-tag, but effective receiving corps next season.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

he NFL has docked the Washington Redskins three days of offseason practices for conducting workouts that were too physical.

"It's something where we felt like we were operating the way we should," coach Joe Gibbs said. "After reviewing it, they thought our line drills were too physical. It's happened to other people. I think it's just something to deal with."

The team's offseason work came under scrutiny when the team posted highlights from its practices on its Web site. Officials from the NFL Players Association saw the footage and notified the league of possible violations of the rule forbidding "live contact drills between offensive and defensive linemen" during the offseason.

source

NFL.com

First they trade up to the first round to get a QB that they really don't need. Then Taylor gets into his issues. Now this. I just don't understand this year, I might be ready to throw the towel in already...

[Edited on 6/9/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and how 'bout that come from behind victory? Awesome, I feel bad for falling asleep before the game was over!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Don't be sweating Gibbs, from what I've seen of the Skins so far, they should make the playoffs. The NFC North and West are weak, the NFC South is so damn strong that there will it will be a dogfight every week. I can see 2 teams coming out of the East.

TRD

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope your right Truenorth.

Lets see after 4 or 5 games if we are looking good.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I hope your right Truenorth.

Lets see after 4 or 5 games if we are looking good.

Well, the NFC North is SO weak, you'ld need a crystal ball to figure out who's going to come out of that mess. Same with the South but because the teams there are so damn strong. The Seahawks should take take the West, that leaves the East, another strong division. I don't think the Cowboys have enough, that leaves the other 3. Philly is going to rebound and should win the division. That leaves the Giants and Skins. The edge? Gibbs imo.

Injuries play a large part of the game BUT good teams rebound from those.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If they pull off the win next week against the Seahawks, then I'd say they have a great shot at making the playoffs.

BTW, I'll be there, my buddy whitey came accross some free tickets for the game. As he is a Seahawks fan, this should be pretty interesting...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, you can take one name out of the ring for the various coaching vacancies this off-season. The Redskins have signed assistant Greg Williams to a 3 year contract extension. Thanks for staying, Greg!

Story Link

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I know I'm a year late, but the Redskins have sigend Al Saunders away from the Cheifs to be thier offensive coordinator. Gibbs has a knack for surrounding himself with good people, and he definately gives the credit to them, as it's due. They may now have the best offensive and defensive coordinators in the league. Now, just fill in a couple holes, and this team will go far next season! :sport-smiley-019:

Story LINK

new topics

top topics

join