It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Redskins release Hasselbeck

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Washington Redskins released quarterback Tim Hasselbeck on Wednesday. Hasselbeck, who became expendable after the Redskins used one of their two first round picks on Auburn QB Jason Campbell, thought it would be best if the two sides parted ways after a meeting with his agent and head coach Joe Gibbs.

LINK

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
He'll land somewher else, and probably have a pretty decent career. I'd say wer're stocked at QB, too bad only 1 can play at a time.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'd say wer're stocked at QB, too bad only 1 can play at a time.

You're stocked, but stocked with mediocrity IMO.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not caliming that Ramsey is the next Montana, but he's more than adequate. Brunell, I beleive he's past his prime, but would be good off the bench. And the way I understand, many teams had Campbell rated good, but needing work, so it might not be that bad of a move, but only time will tell there. Hasselbeck is a guy who will probably be a starter in this league, sooner before later. 4 Qb's are a few too many to have in this league, though...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He wasn't out there too long -

The New York Giants, who have been seeking to bolster their quarterback depth chart since Jim Miller underwent hip surgery two weeks ago, acquired a potential challenger for the No. 2 spot behind starter Eli Manning on Monday, when they were awarded Tim Hasselbeck on waivers.

source

ESPN

new topics

top topics

join