It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL to play regular season game in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It seemed to work for NASCAR last month, now the NFL will try it.

Cardinals, 49ers to play historic game in Mexico

The NFL will play its first regular-season game outside the United States on Oct. 2 when the Arizona Cardinals play the San Francisco 49ers in Mexico City.

The league confirmed the matchup Monday at the annual meetings. The Sunday night game will be televised from Azteca Stadium. Arizona will be the home team.

Arizona was an obvious choice to switch a home game to Mexico because the Cardinals rarely sell out Sun Devil Stadium. They can expect a crowd of more than 100,000 at Azteca Stadium for the game against the 49ers.

On Aug. 15, 1994, the largest crowd in NFL history, 112,376, saw a preseason game between the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Oilers in Mexico City. Of course, the Cowboys are the most popular team in Mexico.

www.sportsline.com...

I think it's good that the NFL is getting exposure outside the U.S.

Instead of a Bud and a hot dog, it'll be Corona's and taco's!

Ben

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
do they split some of the profits? they meaning 49ers and cardinals

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i don't think that it is a good idea. the people of mexico don't know what football is. the only football they are familar with is soccer. i think they should go to a different country where they actually play football. but of course it is tough to find a country that does play football too so maybe they are just saving travel expense for the 49ers and cardinals

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'd bet that there will be a record attendance at this game.

top topics

join