It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Plaxico Burress visiting NY Giants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Free-agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress will visit the New York Giants on Monday to discuss becoming the deep threat that Eli Manning so desperately needs.

Burress' agent, Michael Harrison, told the Associated Press on Sunday that his client will leave from Miami on Monday morning and spend the afternoon in New York.

Harrison said Burress, who has been talking with several teams including the Minnesota Vikings, wants to go to a team with a good tight end, good running back and good quarterback.

With Jeremy Shockey at tight end, Tiki Barber at running back and an emerging Manning throwing the ball, the Giants qualify.

Burress, who spent the list five seasons with Pittsburgh, would bring his considerable size and big-play ability to a Giants offense that sorely needs both.

Starting receivers Amani Toomer and Ike Hilliard had sub-par seasons, failing to catch a touchdown pass. Toomer is coming off a hamstring injury that bothered him for most of the season, and Hilliard was released Thursday after never fulfilling the promise he had when the Giants drafted him seventh overall out of Florida in 1997.

www.sportsline.com...

Burress would probably be a good fit in NY. He realizes the importance of having other players around him that can make plays, they have Barber, Shockey, and Manning so if he decides to land in NY that should really help the G-Men. The NFC East has seemed to really improve already in the off-season, lets see how they do in the draft at the end of April.

[Edited on 3-7-2005 by ProudAmerican]

Ben

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would very much like to see Burress up in New York. I think that he will be a good fit, and would help this offense out very much, as they are in need of that solid starter.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of plexiglass. Let him go to the Giants, for all I care.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You're not very fond of any Steelers, are you Gibbs?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
You're not very fond of any Steelers, are you Gibbs?

No, but I do have a smidge of respect for some of the guys there, mainly the defensive dudes, and that rookie QB dude, 'ole what's his face?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I guess that the Giants feel the same way I do -

A day after meeting with Burress, Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi announced on Thursday that the team was no longer interested in signing the former Pittsburgh Steeler and had withdrawn its contract offer. The announcement itself was unusual -- most teams don't usually say publicly that they have no interest in a player.

"The Giants made us an offer, we rejected, they upped their offer, we rejected it again, and that's when they said they had to rescind the deal," Michael Harrison, Burress' agent told the Associated Press.

Harrison would not discuss the Giants' offer, but a source close to the team said the deal was worth $24 million with an $8 million signing bonus.

source

CBS Sportsline

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress failed to pay part of his taxes, according to a collection agency.

A district judge issued an arrest warrant for Burress on Thursday after he failed to appear at a delinquent tax claim hearing Wednesday.

Yahoo!

top topics

join