It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Bettis agrees to continue playing for Steelers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't ready to park the Bus just yet.

Jerome Bettis, who weighed retiring after the Steelers lost in the AFC Championship Game last month, agreed Saturday to another pay cut and will play for at least one more season.

This is the second consecutive season the NFL's No. 5 career rusher has accepted a substantial pay cut to stay in Pittsburgh. Bettis was to have made $4,484,000 next season, but will play for about $1.5 million -- or about $500,000 more than his base salary last season.

www.sportsline.com...

Classy move for Bettis to accept a pay cut to finish his career in Pittsburgh. I think he proved this past season that he can still be a productive running back. He started 6 games last season and rushed for over 100 yards in every game.

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thats surprising as he did say he was going to retire. Good to see him back for one more season.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't like Bettis, and I can't give you a reason for it, I just don't like the guy. But, he did fit in well with the Steelers last year, replacing the Duce more than twice.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Two consecutive years taking pay cuts, and significant ones at that, to continue playing in Pittsburgh. Shows he's not in it just for the money.

new topics

top topics

join