It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: seahawks release jerry rice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the seattle seahawks have just released jerry rice, this could well be the end of the line for the certain hall of famer

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
He sounds pretty determined to return, I think some team out there will give him another chance. I think he realizes that he isn't a starting receiver in this league any longer, but he could probably help out a team with a thin receiving corps. If nothing else, his presence in the locker room and on the sideline will be invaluable to some team who needs veteran leadership.

TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I thought they might have given him a chance, he only went there last season didn't he?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
he did only come to the seahawks during the season last year, he didin't do much and the other receivers continued to drop passes as well, it's time for him to hang it up, maybe become a receivers coach

TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
How old is he now? If he thinks he can still perform at a high level amd going on his previous track record, wouldn't it be good buisiness for someone to give him a chance?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
jerry is 42. well past his prime, his work ethic is legendary and would be a good example for some of the young players in the league, someone may pick him up if the price was right

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it appears time for him ot hang it up. Unless he comes to the Redskins..

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think he'd be a great veteran presence for some young team out there. I'd want him on my team, 42 or not. He knows what his role will be.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Since the Redskins won't have any receivers left, I think that' s perfect place for him to land.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Since the Redskins won't have any receivers left, I think that' s perfect place for him to land.

I'm pretty sure Jerry made it clear that he wanted to go to a winner.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I'm pretty sure Jerry made it clear that he wanted to go to a winner.

I guess that rules out Dallas? :sport-smiley-019:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Jerry Rice had an "excellent" conversation with Broncos coach Mike Shanahan about the possibility of playing in Denver next season, his agent said.

"They had an excellent conversation," agent Jim Steiner told the Associated Press on Thursday. "But they haven't taken it to the next level."

Shanahan coached Rice when he was offensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers from 1992-94. Rice played for the Seahawks and Raiders last season. Steiner recently sent a league-wide e-mail saying the "GOAT" -- Greatest Of All Time -- was available and wanted to play next season.

The possibility of Rice playing for the Broncos, first reported by NFL.com, would allow the NFL leader in career catches, receiving yards and touchdowns to add to his totals, most likely as a backup in the Denver system.

Steiner said the 42-year-old receiver is willing to be a role player. The Broncos are still in search of depth at their receiver position.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

I hope this works out for him, I'd like to see him walk away from the game on his own terms and it's obvious he isn't ready yet. He still has more passion for the game than some of these players in the prime of their careers. *cough*RandyMoss*cough*

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I still would like to see him play a bit east of denver, say, around the capital?

top topics

join