It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Randy Moss to be traded to Raiders!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It cant happen until March 2 but they are going to trade Moss to the Raiders for LB Napoleon Harris, the 7th overall pick in the upcoming draft, and a late round draft pick.

ESPN.com news services

The agent for Minnesota Vikings star Randy Moss said the team has agreed to trade the prolific, controversial receiver to the Oakland Raiders.

The deal cannot become official until March 2, the start of the NFL's fiscal year.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press, which first reported the deal on its Web site, said the Vikings agreed to send Moss to Oakland in exchange for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick and a late-round pick in the upcoming draft.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I wonder what Reggie Fowler thinks about this. He is in the process of buying the Vikings and they are trading away one of their best commodities.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
moss should thrive in oakland with the raiders, he will fit right in with the attitude they have out there, he will be just one of the guys

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Without Moss in Minnesota, it makes it that much easier for the Packers to win the NFC North.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
...Unless they get 2 other quality players. Moss is great, yeah, but 3 impact palyers would offset his loss.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah Harris is a good, young linebacker and they should get another young star with the #7 pick in the draft, plus their own first round pick which will be a bit lower.

Moss has done many a stupid thing in his career, but I think when he walked off the field early against the Skins, that was the end. You just dont do that do your teammates regardless of the score, time left, or situation. I think that you lose your teammate's respect no matter how good you are. You want someone who is going to battle alongside you for 60 minutes. Sammy Sosa left a Cubs game early at the very end of last season, he's in Baltimore this year.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Raiders suddenly have a dangerous deep threat from both sides on offense with Jerry Porter and Randy Moss. And Kerry Collins has the arm to get it downfield, they could put up some big points this season.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
He just looks like a Raider, doesn't he?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am probably the only person who thinks this way, but I think that the Vikes made the better trade here, I am from Minnesota and I have never really taken a liking to Moss. He is by no means a team player, and though he is a difference maker in a game, it is better for Minnesota in the long run. We rely on Moss way to much, and Tice coddles him to much.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
welcome to sportztawk jo3yb, i agree with you, moss may be a gifted athelete but at least from the outside looking in he seems to be all for himself, hard to build a TEAM around a guy like that

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yeah, I'm with you, dude. he's been nothing but a distraction there, and 3 players will make more impact than one.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
moss should thrive in oakland with the raiders, he will fit right in with the attitude they have out there, he will be just one of the guys

Hahahahaha! This is so true.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Randy was courtside at the Heat-TWolves game last night. They interviewed him but he couldn't talk too well, he just had braces put in earlier that day. Didn't he have braces earlier in his career?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nobody has been as good the past month as the Oakland Raiders, and they demonstrated it again Saturday by reaching an agreement with free-agent defensive end Derrick Burgess.

Burgess, who starred for the Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs, signed a five-year deal worth approximately $17.5 million, league sources said, with a $5 million signing bonus. He had been talking to Seattle and Philadelphia.

Burgess, who had two sacks against Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game and another against New England in the Super Bowl, can't help but improve the Raiders' pass rush. The move also demonstrates that the club wasn't handcuffed by the salary cap when it acquired Randy Moss from Minnesota and signed cornerback Charles Woodson as its franchise player.

www.sportsline.com...

Burgess is a good signing for the Raiders, but I'd be a bit weary of the lineman's health issues.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Health issues? Come on! Half the team is hooked on BALCO or other 'roids! It's odd that Romo was hooked yet the biggest vegitarian in the world. Hmmm...

Acording to SI Magizene Raiders are number one when it comes to picking up players during the off season. The worst? Packers. Then Patriots. I'd say that the Raiders have a really good shot of turning things around. I'm going to be SO SAD if Gannon doesn't play this year! I LOVE GANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok. He's my future ex-husband. He just doesn't know it yet.
Anyways, Collins needs to stop throwing interceptions. I do have to admit that coming into the season 4 games into the season that being ranked 11th overall for QB's isn't that bad. I still miss Gannon though.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BgirlRAIDERETTE20
Health issues? Come on! Half the team is hooked on BALCO or other 'roids!

I was just pointing out that Burgess himself has been injury plagued so far in his career.

From the link above.......

Burgess, who failed to finish the 2002 and 2003 seasons because of injuries, started 11 games for the Eagles last year before suffering a sternum separation in a Dec. 5 win over Green Bay.

new topics

top topics

join