It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Four teams may be interested in Garcia

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The Mercury News' Dennis Georgatos reports that Browns QB Jeff Garcia could sign with the Buccaneers, Lions, Falcons or 49ers.

Baker declined to discuss where Garcia might play next season, noting that his client technically is still under contract with the Browns. The NFL's free-agency period begins March 2. There has been speculation that Garcia could wind up with Tampa Bay, a team he nearly joined last year, or as a backup in Detroit or Atlanta. The Lions' Steve Mariucci and the Falcons' Jim Mora both coached with the 49ers while Garcia was with the team.

LINK

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I see him heading to the Lions, to rejoin his former coach.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is he ready to accept a backup role? That's obviously what he would be in Atlanta or Detroit behind Vick or Harrington. I would think that he would want to go somewhere where he had a chance to compete for a starting job. The Bucs seemed pretty happy with Griese last season and he's already played in San Fran. There's got to be a few other teams that would be better suited for Garcia.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
He would probably compete for the starting position in Detroit, Harrington still needssome tutoring

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i probably see him going to a team that has a chance for him in a starting role, rather than him being an automatic backup

new topics

top topics

join