It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Pro Bowl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Does anyone actually watch this? I heard something the other day where Troy Aikman suggested that they get rid of the game, and just have the skills competitions..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
it's not on my agenda today, if i have nothing else to do i may turn it on...to me it is the most meaningless of all star games

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Anybody actually watch the game?

I had it on but was surfing around, like toejam said it's probably the least entertaining of the all-star games.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I watched bits and pieces of it. Best play in my opinio was Hines Ward's 30 yard onside kick return for a TD. Only kickoff return in history for a TD in the Pro Bowl and it was only 30 yards. I also thought it funny that Tom Brady throws an INT to an Eagle. Also, I liked seeing Vinatieri miss that wide open Field Goal.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Donovan McNabb picked up right where he left off in Jacksonville, overthrowing receivers and of course tossing another interception.

Manning capped off his historical season with the Pro Bowl MVP. I wonder if anyone has ever won the MVP completing just 6 passes, but when 3 of them are for TD's it's hard to argue.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I ended up watching it as my buddy came over. It was actually not too bad, last year's was even worth watching, too. A new trend?

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I watched bits and pieces of it. Best play in my opinio was Hines Ward's 30 yard onside kick return for a TD.

That was really cool. I can't think of any other time an onside kick was returned for a TD?

Manning capped off his historical season with the Pro Bowl MVP. I wonder if anyone has ever won the MVP completing just 6 passes, but when 3 of them are for TD's it's hard to argue.

Yeah, 6 completions, only in the Probowl, huh?

Theisman pointed out that Manning is the first guy in 22 years to get both the regular season and Pro Bowl MVP's. never guess who the last one was...

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think its the least entertaing cause all the other all star games take place half way through the season, the NFL is at the end, its literally plyaing right after the biggest game of the year. Which everybody got their fix in and now they dont care.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Doesn't it make more sense to have the game at the end of the season though? Any injuries won't have an effect on the regular season.

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
my thinking exactly, but i guess nobdoy watches it cause they are used to it the other way around in all the other sports.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Theisman pointed out that Manning is the first guy in 22 years to get both the regular season and Pro Bowl MVP's. never guess who the last one was...

That would be Joe Theisman.

new topics

top topics

join