It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid things in movies!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've seen Star Ship Troopers a few times now. Although I thought it was a pretty cool movie, it just bugs me how stupid some of it was. Like why would you send thousands of foot soldiers to this bug planet to be slaughtered by tens of thousands of psycho killing bugs. I mean they were able to travel there in big star ships, they've got crazy technology yet they sent thousands of people to their deaths. Why didn't they do it NATO styles and just have a couple dozen bombing campagnes, or just repeatidily nuke the planet.

and also I was watching Mad Max 2 last night which was ok. But its suppose to be in an post nuclear enviroment where thugs rule the higways. All they do is pilige and plunder in the search for gasoline. Yet in one scene while these guys are after Max for his gasoline they used NOS to catch up to Max's V8. Where the hell would they get NOS from . . . :bnghd:

I hate it when they don't make the effort to make things make sense.

Anyways enough of my rant.

I'm sure there are movies that make others feel this way.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
V8. thats a mixed vegetable drink isnt it?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A V8 is a big ass engine. I think they're more popular down here in Australia.

It is also a vege drink

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I understand what your saying but sometimes I think that you just have to let your mind go and enjoy a film for what it is. Movies are supposed to be a way of escaping from reality aren't they.I know that sometimes they stretch things a little too far and that can be annoying.
My stepdad can't watch a film without anylising the whys and whatfors all the way through and I just wonder if because of this has he allowed himself to enjoy a film as much as I can.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
v8's are popular in america drunk was just being an ass.
also v8's use a lot of gas, you would think with the gas shortage in the film he would use a more fuel efficient car. one of the most annoying things about movies is that the bad guys cant aim for #. somehow they always hit 2 foot in front of the hero's feet. like they were aiming at the ground in front of him. this is most evident in commando starring californias great govenor. arnold killed 58 men in that movie and every shot fired at him hit the ground right before his feet.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
yeah but what sort of a movie would you have had if arnie got bumped off as soon as someone shot at him.
Its fantasy!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
i'm not saying they got to actually shoot arnold just make me believe that they are actually shooting at him!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
A V8 is a big ass engine. I think they're more popular down here in Australia.

It is also a vege drink

They're popular in America too you know. We just don't call 'em big ass engine since they're V10 and V12 rolling on the street.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

...I've seen Star Ship Troopers a few times... ...and also I was watching Mad Max 2 last night....

I know where you're comin from, but on those two examples I couldn't help but attempt an answer for both!

Starship Troopers was meant to be completely tongue-in-cheek and not taken quite so seriously. And as for Mad Max 2 - even after a holocaust, if they had regained the technology to distil fuel, it's possible they had the same means to create/produce nitrous-oxide, which is all NOS is.

Sorry m8, not tryin to pi$$ on your rant or anything! I could list loads of little movie bugbears of my own - I'm sure a lot of people wish directors/writers/producers would sometimes try just a little harder

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by UniversalFiction]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I've seen Star Ship Troopers a few times now. Although I thought it was a pretty cool movie, it just bugs me how stupid some of it was. Like why would you send thousands of foot soldiers to this bug planet to be slaughtered by tens of thousands of psycho killing bugs. I mean they were able to travel there in big star ships, they've got crazy technology yet they sent thousands of people to their deaths. Why didn't they do it NATO styles and just have a couple dozen bombing campagnes, or just repeatidily nuke the planet.

and also I was watching Mad Max 2 last night which was ok. But its suppose to be in an post nuclear enviroment where thugs rule the higways. All they do is pilige and plunder in the search for gasoline. Yet in one scene while these guys are after Max for his gasoline they used NOS to catch up to Max's V8. Where the hell would they get NOS from . . . :bnghd:

"Who needs a knife in a nuke fight, sir all you have to do is push a button?" - Ace

"You disable the enemy's hand and he cannot pust a button." - Sargent Zim after pinning Ace's hand to a wall with a knife

and the book was way better.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StationsCreation

They are planning to do a Starship troopers remake. The first movie didn't follow the book, why it didn't make much sense. The troopers are suppose to use some sort of mech suit against the bugs.

Here is the animated version with more accuracy.

www.imdb.com...

top topics

join