It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Owens - At 31 Should he take the chance ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Owens at 31 risks a potential injury if playing in the big game.

Is it worth it, it may or may not be the last game he plays in if he suffers a devastating injury....The surgeon says no, but the trainers are leaning towards letting him go.

What are your thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
He's a big boy, he can make up his own mind. And if he gets hurt, he's out of football that much sooner.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
YES IMO he better take the g/d chance....go BIG or stay the hell home.

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
He has to take the chance, he might not get another....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
he has to take the chance but i don't think he will be a big factor

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just watched Friday Night Lights the other night. Great movie.

The star of the team in the movie gets hurt and wants to return to the field the game before the championship. The doctor orders him not to play but he disregards the doctor's wishes and reinjures his knee on the second play he's in and misses the championship. Same type of situation, pretty ironic.

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
PA i watched that film, yeah he was the backbone of the side... Great film.

How can he not be a factor? I think he will decide on wether the Eagles play well or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i don't think he will be a factor in the game because he won't be at full speed, will be rusty after missing the last 6 weeks, and may be a bit out of playing shape, they may use him more in a decoy role to free up their other receivers....then again i may be wrong

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
How can he not be a factor? I think he will decide on wether the
Eagles play well or not.

He's just barely healthy enough to play, I doubt he'll be a factor at all either. If anything just his presence should inspire his teammates.

TRD

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I read he trained well this week and was looking as good as he possibly could be with the injury. I guess we will find out in a short time..

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He has made a couple plays so far, eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
he has done more than i expected him to do, had 1 pretty good gain with a good run after the catch

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Terrell played way beter than I thought he possibly could considering the injury he was coming back from. He didn't seem to be affected at all, he had 2 nice long runs after the catch.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Kudos to TO for his drive and determination to play in the big game. He played much better than anyone expected. I'll bet his ankle isn't feeling so hot this morning.

new topics

top topics

join