It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Bettis might retire!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Even Jerome Bettis' teammates aren't sure if the Bus has made his final stop. Center Jeff Hartings told the Tribune Review's Jerry DiPaola that "I talked to [Bettis] on the sideline and I kind of got a sense that this might be his last game".

Steelers running back Jerome Bettis' impact on the team and his teammates is so intense and profound that his uncertain future in Pittsburgh moved four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Hines Ward to tears Monday.

About 12 hours after the Steelers lost to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game -- suddenly squelching a record-breaking 16-1 effort -- Bettis stood up Monday at an emotional team meeting, thanked everyone for their efforts and said he hasn't decided if he will return for his 13th season.

LINK

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That'd be a shame if he retired, Bettis is a great football player and a great guy. He showed this season that his tank isn't empty, he started 6 games and ran for over 100 yards in each and every one. Alot of his teammates were crying because they heard of his possible retirement and felt they let him down, they really wanted to get him a ring. I hope Jerome Bettis comes back, he's great for the NFL and fun to watch. I'd say he's a lock for Canton, especially being 6th all-time on the rushing yards list, just 72 yards behind Curtis Martin. I met Bettis in a small but popular sandwich shop in Pittsburgh when I was living out there in '99. He was with Kordell Stewart, Jerome is an unbelievably nice guy.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Steelers home page reports him as saying...

he will talk with his family this offseason and then make the decision.

I hope he comes back... I sort of think he will, for at least one more run at a Championship.

new topics

join