It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Will the Dolphins bring back Ricky Williams?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Coach Nick Saban told the Herald's Armando Salguero that the "door is open" for Ricky Williams to return to the Dolphins..

New Dolphins coach Nick Saban hasn't closed the door on Ricky Williams and won't be taking shortcuts in his rebuilding efforts. But he will be taking a realistic look at the salary cap and front-office staffing.

LINK

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i don't care if williams is the next coming of jim brown i wouldn't want him on my team,he has broken that bond of trust that team chemistry depends on. this guy is looney tunes, he is no one to build a team around

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
With what he pulled on his teammates, Ming cannot imagine him returning to the fish.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i don't see him going anywhere, even to the fish. he's got about a year of suspension, and who want's that with their brand new 15 million a year running back? plus he has said that he won't quit smoking the weed, so that's a couple more games suspension. mark my words Ricky "the joint" Williams has successfully ended his NFL career.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some team will probably give him a shot, it's worth it for a desperate team, li.ke the Raiders, or the Dolphins

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Some team will probably give him a shot, it's worth it for a desperate team, like the Raiders, or the Dolphins

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ricky Williams' strong rapport with new Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban is part of the reason why the retired running back is contemplating a return, his agent said Friday.

Williams and Saban have had "some steady dialogue in the last 10 days," said agent Leigh Steinberg, who would not discuss specifics or detail what would have to transpire in the coming weeks for the NFL's leading rusher in 2002 to rejoin the Dolphins.

"Ricky has expressed a desire and excitement about returning to the Dolphins and playing football this season," Steinberg said. "He's keeping in shape and has been involved in a rigorous training program."

source

CBS

I can think of 8.6 million reasons why he'll be back this season.

Seriously, though, if the Dolphins want him back, they want him back. If the team can ride on his back this season and win the division, all is forgiven.

[Edited on 5/22/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
agent leigh steinberg says that ricky williams will report to the dolphins training camp this year and that he is excited about playing football again....
i can't imagine a team wanting him back after what he did to them last year, miami must be desperate

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I hear that they expect him to play more of a back-up role to the kid they just drafted. That would be apropriate, he isn't near his playing condition.

new topics

top topics

join