It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: STEELERS ALIVE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
STEELERS 20

JETS 17 in OT thriller.... !!!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I heard the score at the Bass Pro shop in Harrisburg...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A win is a win - but Steeler fans canot be too happy about the way their team played. Big Ben looked like a pocket watch. If he plays the same against Indy or NE the Steel will be melted down for sure.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
or it could have been a wake up call for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
True, sometimes, such a performance will operate as a wake up call.

Ming does not think so in this case. The wake up call should have rung in the 4th Q of that game - and it did not. That last Rothelsberger INT threw was a painful to watch.

Yes, they won the game, but almost in spite of themselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ben indeed looked like a rookie yesterday. That pick he threw that Ming wrote about was horrific, the Jets just didn't capitalize.

What I dont understand is what the Jets did yesterday and what the Chargers did last week. Why settle for a 40+ yard field goal when you still have downs and timeouts left? The Jets could have run a play and tried to get Brien a bit closer but instead Pennington took the snap and took a knee. Last week, Scottenheimer's Chargers did the same thing against these same Jets and also missed the game winner. I understand that you dont want to turn the ball over but at the same you want to put your kicker in the best possible position to make the field goal.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
What I dont understand is what the Jets did yesterday and what the Chargers did last week. Why settle for a 40+ yard field goal when you still have downs and timeouts left? The Jets could have run a play and tried to get Brien a bit closer but instead Pennington took the snap and took a knee. Last week, Scottenheimer's Chargers did the same thing against these same Jets and also missed the game winner. I understand that you dont want to turn the ball over but at the same you want to put your kicker in the best possible position to make the field goal.

It's as if the coaches are afraid that they might win...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Excellent point, PA! Those were the exact thoughts of Ming as well as those in attendance at his Court during game viewing.

Why not have Chad try a 5-10 yard safe pass? If nobody is open - throw the damn ball away!

Ming suspects this is the difference between how some of the elite teams are coached and the very good teams. The elite teams go for the win - they are not afraid of a fumble or an INT. They take those extra 5-10 yards and make things happen.

Remember the Pats v. Rams Superbowl a few years ago? Even John Madden, who Ming likes and respects, was calling for Brady to play it safe, run out the clock and head to overtime - don't do anything stupid. Instead the Pats went for the win and they got it. Even if they didn't at least they made the try.

Marty & the Chargers and Herm & the Jets got way too conservative and were afraid of making the move that would secure the game. (afraid of making a mistake). Good guys - good coaches - good teams - not elite.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How do you guys do those quotes from other posts? Gibbs is quite adept at it. Ming needs to learn.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
How do you guys do those quotes from other posts? Gibbs is quite adept at it. Ming needs to learn.

Actually, I just learned here recently. You've got 2 options, either hit the quote button and copy and paste the quoted info into your new post.

Or, copy what you want to quote, and hit the button second from the right just above whree you tye your post, that'll give you the correct bb code.

If you don't get my explanation, send me a u2u, I'll explain it in more detail.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ming thanks you, Gibbs Baby!!! in spite of your many mistaken views - don't quote Ming on that!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The thanks or my "mistaken" views?

(BTW, Ming never said that...)

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Gibbs - Ming is pleased to see that the Peyton Bobblehead has been removed from his sight. As a result, Ming decrees that you may continue to post comments on this site.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
well, thank you for the blessing, pilgrim.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No problem, grasshopper, you are learning the Way of Ming!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please stop making Steelers threads and this coming from a fan , you don't have too but please do.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Austin
Please stop making Steelers threads and this coming from a fan , you don't have too but please do.

?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Austin

Why.... there are only two... the one back from December and
this one...

what's up ?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looks like there might be snow for the game on Sunday.. .

this one is going to be something to see....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Elevator-head, you and Ming are obviously on opposite sides of this one, but Ming expects it to be a great game. Ming is psycho, er psyched.

May the best team win, my friend. With that wish, Ming is assured of a NE victory.

top topics

join