It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Travis Henry wants out of Buffalo

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Travis Henry kept quiet after being replaced by Willis McGahee as the Buffalo Bills' starting running back. With the season over, Henry had something to say. He wants out of Buffalo.

"I want to go somewhere where I can be a starter and play, and be a big contributor, that's where my mind is at," Henry said Monday as the Bills cleaned out their lockers following Sunday's season-ending 29-24 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. "Like I said at the beginning of the year, I'm not a backup. Whatever they decide to do, wherever their mind is at, I don't know. I already know where my mind is at."

Henry, 26, a second-round draft pick out of Tennessee in 2001, became the Bills' starting running back as a rookie. He rushed for 1,438 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2002 and 1,356 yards and 10 scores in 2003 despite playing with torn rib cartilage and a hairline fracture in his leg for much of the season. Henry opened this season as the starter, but the Bills turned to McGahee after a 1-5 start. McGahee ran for 1,128 yards and helped the Bills win nine of their final 12 games. Buffalo was 7-0 when McGahee topped 100 yards rushing.

Henry had 326 yards on 94 carries and no touchdowns this season. He missed one game with a sprained foot and sat out the final five contests after tearing ligaments in his right ankle during the Bills' 38-9 win at Seattle on Nov. 28. But given his overall production, Henry thinks there are teams that would be interested in acquiring him.

Link..Buffalo News

join