It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Playoff Predictions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, say that earlier in the game. Does he think Disco is back, too?

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just checked the score, looks a quiet thrid quarter so far. If the Packers score a TD on their next drive it will be an interesting 4th quarter...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Minnesota's defense almost looks possessed right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I haven't been sitting down watching the game, but there seems to be a bunch of injuries on the Green Bay side.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
moss should be fined and suspended a game for that....

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Vikings 31-17 now, looks like they may be good for the win...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
moss should be fined and suspended a game for that....

i missed what happened, but heard the announcers complaining about it. What exactly did he do?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He pretented to pull his pants down and moon the crowd and then rubbed his backside up against the goalpost.

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
He pretented to pull his pants down and moon the crowd and then rubbed his backside up against the goalpost.

Haha thats pretty funny!! I guess sometimes people just don't like having a bit of fun...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not quite a cell phone, but funny, I think.

BTW, great game for the Vikes. Now, off to Philly, where I expect they will lose.

Next weeks predictions -

Jets at Pittsburgh - Steelers, in a surprisingly close one.

Colts At New England - Depends on the weather. If it's nice out, the manning machine will outscore the competition. If it's another crappy day in the neighborhood, the Brady bunch moves on.

Minnesota at Philadelphia - Philly in a rout. Moss will get hurt, and Culpepper will spend most of the game loking at the sky...

St. Louis at Atlanta - Atlanta will blow them away.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i think the pats will pull it off next weekend whatever the weather, their coaching staff is the best and will have them prepared and ready for anything the colts can throw against them

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It gets tougher now, i'm going to have a think about my choices...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
i think the pats will pull it off next weekend whatever the weather, their coaching staff is the best and will have them prepared and ready for anything the colts can throw against them

You may well be right, the Broncos adjusted at halftime today and went through the D pretty effectively. I'm sure the Pats will be ready. But, will they be able to keep up with the scoring machine?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Pats defense is better than the Broncos and their offense is better than the Broncos; The Pats can adjust better than any other team to the the circumstances and the weather conditions; The Pats will be at home where they are undefeated forever; The Pats have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

Ergo, Game-Set-Match. Nice try Peyton. On to Pittsburgh for Brady and the boys to avenge their earlier Corey Dillon-less loss.

[Edited on 1/9/05 by MingMercil]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
The Pats defense is better than the Broncos and their offense is better than the Broncos; The Pats can adjust better than any other team to the the circumstances and the weather conditions; The Pats will be at home where they are undefeated forever; The Pats have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

Ergo, Game-Set-Match. Nice try Peyton. On to Pittsburgh for Brady and the boys to avenge their earlier Corey Dillon-less loss.

[Edited on 1/9/05 by MingMercil]

We'll see. To quote someone we all watch..."That's why they play the games."

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So we're looking at.....

St Louis @ Atlanta

Minnesota @ Philly

Indy @ New England

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh

The weather in the northeast this weekend could play a huge part in the outcomes.

According to the 10-day at weatherchannel.com, there is no precipatation predicted for next weekend and the highs are in the low 30's. Then again, they have trouble forecasting tomorrow so we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm counting on the weather to be good with my predictions...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Rams @ Flacons

Falcons over the Rams for obvious reasons.

Vikings @ Eagles

Gonna be a close one, but without TO I've gotta pick the Vikings. McNabb stated they made it to the NFC championship last year without him, but I guess he failed to realize they lost that game. With TO they could possibly win it, but not now.

Colts @ Patriots

Probably the hardest game to predict. Even though it is in New England, I'm gonna pic the Colts. If it hadn't been for the missed field goal and fumble in their first game the season together, the Colts would have come out victorious. I believe that Manning will have a monster game with Law out. It will be a high scoring game for both teams, but I believe the Colts will edge them out by 3 or a TD.

Jets @ Steelers

One of the easier ones to pick, I believe it will be the Steelers over the Jets. One problem they may have is the 2-week break between Bens starts. I just don't think the Jets are good enough to beat them, but I guess we'll see.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is my picks, like them or hate them i don't care...

Rams
Eagles
Colts
Steelers

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i still think the pats will beat the colts.....and i am also predicting that the seahawks will end their season with a dropped pass in the end zone and they will make a quiet exit from the playoffs again this year :approve:

[Edited on 1/11/2005 by toejam]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join