It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Playoff Predictions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
In a way, I gotta root for the Eagles, then all 4 teams in the NFC East will have won the super bowl, proving the division's dominance.

Gosh, I hope I never see the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I kinda understand your thining, but I will always have a certian measure of respect for the other NFC East teams, heck why do you think I talk to you?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
well here it is wildcard weekend and we have a couple of inches of snow and ice, while folks in other parts of the world snicker at this amount of white stuff it is not something we are used to up here in the northwest....looks like i won't be able to take skyrat shopping today, will just have to stay indoors and watch the games :party-smiley-018:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Tough break, man!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yeah it is but sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the weather is gonna keep me inside, watching the games too.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
oh the sacrafices that us guys have to make in life

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is this a playoff game or a three-ring circus?

By TIM KORTE, AP Sports Writer
January 8, 2005
SEATTLE (AP) -- St. Louis coach Mike Martz made the highlight shows when he flamboyantly said the Rams won't hold hands and sing ``Kumbaya.'' Seattle's Shaun Alexander accused his coach of stabbing him in the back.

Is this the NFL or a soap opera?

``OK, nothing going on this week,'' Seattle coach Mike Holmgren joked this week as the Seahawks prepared for Saturday's NFL playoff game against the Rams.

Not exactly, coach.

Alexander's claim of being ``stabbed in the back'' by Holmgren was big news in Seattle this week. The running back finished one yard short of the NFL rushing title and he questioned his coach for calling a quarterback sneak at the goal line in last week's win over Atlanta.

Alexander apologized the next day.

Meanwhile, Holmgren defended his decision to let troubled receiver Koren Robinson have another yank on the coach's disciplinary chain. Robinson, who sat out six of the final seven games, skipped a team meeting last weekend.

Holmgren insisted nobody's taking advantage of him.

``I've been at this a long time -- 12 years coaching and teaching in high school,'' he said. ``Believe me, I've heard every 'Dog ate my homework' story imaginable. I don't think I'm naive that way.''

Who can forget Martz's act this season?

Usually, critics complain that he wastes timeouts. Lately, Martz has offered plenty of material off the field, none more curious than a heated exchange with injured offensive lineman Kyle Turley.

Supposedly, Martz filed a complaint with NFL security, claiming Turley threatened him during a meeting in the coach's office.

``I was never asked about it until recently,'' Martz explained. ``It's unfortunate for the National Football League, but it doesn't serve anybody well at all. It's long gone, a dead issue really.''

Then there was this gem, when Martz called out his whole team after an 18-point loss to New England:

``We don't hold hands and get in a seance and sing 'Kumbaya, My Lord,''' he said. ``I'm not into that. We've got a direction we're going and you're on the train or you're not. Get out. Period.''

No wonder these teams had such up-and-down seasons, with Seattle at 9-7 squeaking out the NFC West title over the 8-8 Rams.

``This is a team full of drama and we've had it all the time,'' said Trent Dilfer, Seattle's reserve quarterback. ``I guess you could say we thrive on it. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We're so focused on winning the game.''

Oh yeah. The game.

The Seahawks lost both meetings to St. Louis this season, including an infamous Oct. 10 game known for Seattle's fourth-quarter meltdown and embarrassing loss. The Rams erased a 27-10 deficit, forced overtime and won 33-27.

Seattle hasn't won a playoff game since beating the Raiders 13-7 on Dec. 22, 1984 at the Kingdome. It's the first time in five seasons that the Seahawks have even been home during the playoffs.

Rams quarterback Marc Bulger is rolling, coming off a 450-yard passing effort with three TDs in last weekend's 32-29 overtime defeat of the New York Jets, a win St. Louis needed to reach the postseason.

Matt Hasselbeck hasn't done too poorly, either. In the last four games, he's thrown for 1,140 yards with 10 TDs and four interceptions. The Seahawks have won three of those contests.

Players say all the wacky off-field stuff is meaningless, even more so after kickoff.

``My college coach always said, 'Once you get hit in the mouth, everything that happened during the week doesn't matter,''' Dilfer said

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the games start too late today, i have been ready to watch some football for hours already

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah, NFL countdown's been over for hours

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?

Only 1 hour and 15 minutes left! Hurry already!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
AFC
Chargers over Jets

Colts over Broncos

NFC

Hawks over Rams

Packers over Vikings

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
skyrat is going with the rams in this one

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, Bulger to Holt for 52 yards down to the Seattle 11 yard line on their first drive. Hope they hold them to 3.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yep, the seahawks defender (didn't see who) almost lost his pants on that play

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mike "Clock Mismanagement" Martz already called his first timeout with 13:44 left in the first quarter.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Martz calls his second timeout with 11:36 left in the first quarter after a false start penalty.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
he just called his 2nd, was he argueing with one of his coaches as they cut away?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bulger to Holt for a touchdown.

Holmgren challenging the catch. It's reeeeeal close.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That drop by Darrell Jackson that ends up an interception sums up Seattle's season. Perfect spiral by Hasselbeck too, that's pathetic. :yawn:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join