It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Playoff Predictions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure it's been done before. I beleive that the Giants beat the Redskins 3 times in 1986, the last time in the NFC championship game, by a score of 17-0. Can't find regular season results for that year, though.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

With Marc Bulger playing well, St. Louis believes it can beat Seattle for a third time. Since 1970, 15 teams have faced an opponent in the playoffs that they had beaten twice during the regular season. The team that swept those season series went on to win the postseason matchup 10 times.

www.sportsline.com...@SEA

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OK, that databasePA posted seals it, the Giants did beat the 'skins 3 time s in '86

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here ya go Gibbs.........

www.footballdb.com...

You know you're Skins!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Here ya go Gibbs.........

www.footballdb.com...

You know you're Skins!

Yeah, i can't forget the disappintment from that particular game. I think that was the week after the Redskins finished Sweetness's career...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know, I'm surprised there is such a success rate for the 3 game sweep, I woulda thought it much tougher than that, especially for how many times you hear the "experts" on TV say about how hard it is...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Pats have just placed CB Ty Law on IR, meaning he is out for the playoffs. That is a huge loss for NE even though he has been out for some time now. They were hoping he would be able to return in time to help them defend their title. Tyrone Poole was already on IR which means the Pats will be without both starting corner's going into the playoffs.

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I just saw that the NY Jets haven't won a road playoff game since 1982, which includes six games.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I just saw that the NY Jets haven't won a road playoff game since 1982, which includes six games.

And will continue this season.

Gibbs has spoken.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I second that GibbsBaby!!!

TJ touched on the weather earlier in the thread. Two of the games are to be played in domes and it's supposed to be nice in Green Bay on Sunday other than the typical cold, I think they're saying around 33 degrees. However, the Chargers and Jets are expected to play in a steady rainfall although it should be in the mid-50's. We should see alot of CMart and LT in this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
PA, so why are you rooting for the 'bolts now?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
PA, so why are you rooting for the 'bolts now?

Since you asked...

First of all, obviously the Cowboys didn't make it.

I guess one of the big reasons though is because I run a fantasy football league with a bunch of my friends and I rode Brees, LT, and Gates' success all season and went on to win the championship, which was a nice $500 right before Christmas. So after rooting for them all season, it's hard to not keep rooting for them with my team home for the playoffs. Not to mention I like underdogs and no one expected the Bolts to win more than 6 games this season. When I won the money I almost bought a Chargers jersey and probably would have had it not been the holidays. I do plan on buying a Roy Williams jersey before next season.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ah, but I gotta stick with my bobble head dude.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
just how weak is the nfc you ask?

Did you know? The Rams are minus-73 in point differential and minus-24 in turnover ratio, the worst numbers in those categories for a playoff team since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

IMO if Peyton doesn't get the Colts at least to the Super Bowl, then this season is a huge disappointment for them. 49 TD's are all good and dandy but this is the time of the year that really matters. The record is awesome but wont mean much if he's home watching the Big Dance. The Colts D has to really step up and make plays because Peyton and Edge will bring their A game's but cant do it by themselves. The sooner the Eagles are sent home again, the happier I'll be. You probably feel the same way Gibbs.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
just how weak is the nfc you ask?

Did you know? The Rams are minus-73 in point differential and minus-24 in turnover ratio, the worst numbers in those categories for a playoff team since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970

Dude, you shouldn't be telling us that, in case they do actually beat the Seahawks..

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The Rams are minus-73 in point differential and minus-24 in turnover ratio

I still am amazed that the Rams and Moron Martz made the playoffs. They have no defense and one of the worst coaches I've ever watched.

Paul Tagliabue should have made a commish ruling and awarded the Jags the 6th spot in the NFC.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i am amazed either the rams or the seahawks made it this year, the sponsors had to buy over 1000 seats so the seahawk game could be televised locally, that is an indication of how un-fired up people up here are about this team...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

IMO if Peyton doesn't get the Colts at least to the Super Bowl, then this season is a huge disappointment for them. 49 TD's are all good and dandy but this is the time of the year that really matters. The record is awesome but wont mean much if he's home watching the Big Dance. The Colts D has to really step up and make plays because Peyton and Edge will bring their A game's but cant do it by themselves. The sooner the Eagles are sent home again, the happier I'll be. You probably feel the same way Gibbs.

I think the D will be there just enough to help the offense. Not that they really need that much help...

In a way, I gotta root for the Eagles, then all 4 teams in the NFC East will have won the super bowl, proving the division's dominance.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

i am amazed either the rams or the seahawks made it this year, the sponsors had to buy over 1000 seats so the seahawk game could be televised locally, that is an indication of how un-fired up people up here are about this team...

DAMN that's amazing!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join