It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Emmitt Smith set for final game

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Emmitt Smith plays what could be his last game on Sunday when the Arizona Cardinals meet the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the season finale for both teams. The NFL's all-time leading rusher, Smith signed a two-year contract with the Cardinals prior to last season after spending his first 14 campaigns with the Dallas Cowboys.

The 35-year-old was limited to just 10 games in his first season with the Cardinals due to a shoulder injury and rushed for a career-low 256 yards and two touchdowns. But Smith has been much better this season. Named the starter before the season by new coach Dennis Green, Smith has rushed for 868 yards and nine touchdowns in 14 games. He needs 132 yards for his NFL-record 12th 1,000-yard season.

An eight-time Pro Bowler who won three Super Bowls with the Cowboys, Smith has rushed for 18,286 yards and 164 touchdowns in 225 career games. He has been a bright spot for the Cardinals, who also have to he happy with the development of rookie wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Has Emmitt declared that he was retiring yet? I wouldn't be surprised to see #22 play another year, he proved this season that the tank isn't empty yet. Although it's pretty unlikely he'll get 132 yards against a tough Buc defense, I'd love to see him top 1,000 yards for the 12th time. Emmitt Smith is a a class act and the NFL could use more guys just like him.

TRD

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think he is going to retire PA, he said he was but you know how these players are....Change their minds like the wind lol!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ming must agree. Emmitt appears to have a great work ethic - a real gentleman and damn hard to get your arms around. Ming expects ES to retire.

new topics

top topics

join