It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Concentration Camp/Facilities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by glan

three fema sacramento...google maps fema

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

What are they doing with the old Hershey plant??? Also, I saw on another site that sometimes water treatment facilities are "covers", but I haven't been there in years...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Referencing my previous post regarding the "FEMA" camp at the old Van Norman Lakes facility in Granada Hills, CA, this site would be perfect for a receiving center in case of a pandemic or any situation that would produce large quantities of bodies.

As stated before, this facility is at the intersection of Interstate 5 and the 405 in the northwest corner of Los Angeles. The area resembles a large bowl and the entire facility is surrounded by a service road used by BFI and other trash haulers to take their loads into one of the canyon landfills. This is a perfect area to use for collection and disposal of large quantities of dead.

Sorry no FEMA coffins, rail cars or a rail spur at this location.

Just north of this location, I5 connects with Calif. Hwy 14 which leads to Palmdale and the Mojave Desert. A quick route (40 minutes to Palmdale) out of Los Angeles, for the living and the dead!

A pandemic in any major metropolitan area will produce many 10's of thousands of dead, if not more, overwhelming the existing infrastructure. They've got to be taken somewhere. If I had to cremate large quantities of dead, I'd do it in the desert.

FEMA must be preparing for this scenario also. It could explain alot about what we see all over the country.

Just a thought, folks.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by glan

i stumbled on one in wrightwood

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I live less then 10 miles from a "park" on the 2 Freeway north of Glendale CA. When it was first built I thought it was perfectly located and constructed for a detention center. It has one road in and out, is surrounded on three sides by steep hills with a fire road along the crest (with a shooting range near by) with the 2 Freeway on the forth side, which can be accessed from the 2 Freeway by moving the traffic barriers. The "park" has three baseball fields, and two soccer fields separated by high fencing and then the whole field complex is surrounded by very high fencing (12-15') topped by razor wire, which is then surrounded by a paved perimeter road and high stadium lights. There is a building complex with a double security fence around it and a large parking area. The 2 Freeway can be closed at Mountain Street to the South to the 210 Freeway to the north (about a mile stretch of roadway). I see this either as a processing center or an overflow camp after Dodger Stadium, The Staples Center, The Coliseum and the Forum are full. What better way to hide then in plain site.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Candycab
Ive walked/biked about every square inch of Fort Ord near Monterey Ca [ I live in Marina Ca ] and I can say there is absolutly nothing even close to a concentration, POW camp or underground bunker there.

Even out in whats commonly refered to as "The City" where the FBI and other agencies do alot of urban warfare training there isnt anything like that. Its actually a pretty small area that is easilly seen on Google earth.

Just thought I would toss this in since I have seen Fort Ord refered to as a possabillity for all of the above.

There is an old stockade that looks like a very small prison but its been closed down for several years even before the base closed. Its actually a small cement mixing plant now that sits right on the CSUMB campus

You can walk around in it and there are a few sites [ just Google it ] that have tons of Fort Ord stockade and base pics since its closure.

Also the one in Valencia Ca is probably the Pitchess Detention Center [ located in the area mentioned ] which is a sprawling complex of several Jails and work farms for LA County. Again its easilly seen with Google Earth and definitly not a secret.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Candycab]

Ford Ord was an infantry base, of course there are bunkers there. I grew up on that base and have been to a few. Nothing top secret that I know of. One is still standing on General Jim Moore Boulevard at Engineer Lane, next to the VA clinic. The building with the fence around it. That facility housed a full out command center under ground. If you ever have the opportunity, check it out.

Bunkers can also be found near the ordinance magazines on the east side of the base. Also, the impact areas still have some cement bunkers around. A lot are grown over, but they are there. Looks like you haven't been to just about every square inch of the base.

And as far as a POW camp, yes, there was a World War 2 POW camp at east garrison. The buildings near that small cemetery housed the prisoners. From what I have hard, most were what we would consider trustees. If you check out those buildings, you might see some German writing on the walls.

I would also suggest keeping your eyes open while hiking/biking/running though the old fields and impact areas. You will see some cool stuff.

Happy exploring.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join