It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Illegal Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This new rule put into effect this year... I'm just curious what your thoughts are on it. I for one hate it with a passion... It's just what football needs, another way to slow down the game. The Defensive Backs job in football is hard enough already and now he can't even touch the reciever past five yards. Perhaps Manning wouldn't be throwing so many TD passes this year without this rule in effect? I'm in no way denying he is the best QB in the game today. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Ben

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Personally i dont like it, cause now and days they (the NFL) are trying to protect the players too much

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
is it a new rule or are they just enforcing the rule that was already in place...i think the refs need to back off a bit and let the guys play some football...to many penalties affecting outcomes of games

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
is it a new rule or are they just enforcing the rule that was already in place...i think the refs need to back off a bit and let the guys play some football...to many penalties affecting outcomes of games

If I remember correctly, it was a new intrepretation (ie, stricter enforcement) of an existing rule. If you want high scoring, flashy games, then this is your ticket.

Smashmouth football, this ain't, though.

However, there is validity in protecting the players, if not the investment that the team has made in them, or the excitement a fan has watchign him play, then for the sake of the player himself. These guys aren't the same size as those playing 40, 30, or even 20 years ago. The modern NFl players would eat those guys alive, just because of thier sheer size. So, additional proteciton is warrented, in that sense.

new topics

top topics

join