It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: MNF Seahawks and Cowboys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm really suprised that no one has started anything about this game.
Did anyone watch the game?
It was awesome. A way better game than I thought it would be.
If anyone did watch it, were you suprised that the Seahawks didn't review the touchdown made by Keyshawn Johnson? It clearly wasn't a touchdown but the guys upstairs didn't even review it! What's up with that? If they would have reviewed it, the Seahawks would have won. Kinda strange.
Also strange, what an awesome onside kick! Haven't seen one that good in a long time.
I just think it was so funny that Madden and Michaels were talkin about putting Rice on the Horse Trailer. Then they started losing. I think they ended up putting Julias Jones on it but I passed out before that point. Sort of weird!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What a great game!

I was obviously happy with the outcome, but I lost all my fingernails in the process.

I have to agree Bgirl, I thought Keyshawn was out too and was surprised they didn't go upstairs and look at it.

Looks like the Cowboys have found their running back though. Julius Jones looked really good and against a decent defense. That's 2 weeks in a row with over 150 yards rushing and his 3 TD's could have been 4 if not for a holding call on Quincy Morgan. I'm still not comfortable with old man Vinny at the helm and I hope that either Henson develops or they find someone in the free agent market. I cant see San DIego holding on to both Brees and Philip Rivers next season, but who knows. I know Brees' contract is up this season and he should get a pretty nice deal with the year he has put together.

All in all though, very exciting game to watch. Hard to believe that at 5-7 the Cowboys are still in the NFC wild-card hunt.

I need to find a Jones avatar now.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The loss spoiled a big night by Jerry Rice, who became the NFL's career leader in combined net yards on a 27-yard touchdown pass from Hasselbeck in the first quarter. With eight receptions for 145 yards, he boosted his 20-year total to 23,469 yards.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
another classic fold by the hawks...they have been underachieving all year, the papers out this way are beginning to call for holgrems head on a platter, he has been in seattle for 6 years and has not even won a playoff game, this is his team now and they must start producing or i think mike will be gone

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yikes! If the Seahawks qualify for the playoffs as the best team in a bad division, they should decline participation. You know, the way college football teams occasionally turn down bowl invitations because they don't want players to think mediocrity should be rewarded.

If I'm Mike Holmgren, I'm taking pen in hand on this Dec. 7 -- the day after the day that will live in Seahawks infamy -- and I'm writing: "Dear Commissioner Tagliabue, we respectfully request permission to bag our postseason appearance this year because we're a little embarrassed to have won the NFC West by default and don't want to cause the league further humiliation. Very truly yours, Mike Holmgren, et al."

In only their 20th appearance in 35 years of "Monday Night Football," the Seahawks last night were making a case for being invited back more often. Already up 14-3 in the first quarter, Seattle's footballers looked crisper and quicker than those darlings of Monday night, the Dallas Cowboys (65 appearances and counting). Then, in the span of about 17 minutes -- roughly an hour and a half in TV time -- a Cowboys team that had been averaging 17 points a game this season scored 26, gaining experience, confidence and sufficient swagger to cause motion sickness among most of the 68,093 patrons filling Qwest Field.

But the Seahawks scored 25 points of their own to take a 10-point lead -- 39-29 -- with scant minutes remaining. Game in the bag, right?

Sorry. These are the Seahawks, the flighty, flighty Seahawks. They coughed it up big time -- 43-39 -- for a national TV audience that has to be saying something like: "Wow! Now that's a big-league collapse!"

Darn tootin'. Forty-one-year-old Dallas quarterback Vinny Testaverde, vying for any award the Centrum Silver people might be handing out this year, led the Cowboys on an in-your-face retaliatory raid that pretty much answered the question: Are the 2004 Seahawks ready for prime time?

Nope. Not on Mondays. Certainly not in January.

Rest of story........

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

:tum:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Shoot, I went to bed before all the action happened, i figured that Seattle wouldn't f-up like that again!

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
The loss spoiled a big night by Jerry Rice, who became the NFL's career leader in combined net yards on a 27-yard touchdown pass from Hasselbeck in the first quarter. With eight receptions for 145 yards, he boosted his 20-year total to 23,469 yards.

Impressive numbers, he's the greatest receiver, and arugably the best NFLer of all time...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Holmgren wonders why key TD wasn't reviewed

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said Wednesday that Keyshawn Johnson's late touchdown shouldn't have counted when Dallas rallied to beat the Seahawks on Monday night.

Holmgren said replays and film study showed Johnson was not in bounds when he made the catch, and the coach questioned why replay officials didn't review the play. The TD cut Seattle's lead to 39-36 with 1:45 remaining. Johnson appeared to come down in the end zone with one foot, then land on his elbow out of bounds.

"He didn't score. That was not a touchdown," Holmgren said.

Johnson told reporters in Texas the issue is much ado about nothing, stirred simply because of his reputation for being outspoken. Cowboys quarterback Vinny Testaverde also suggested safety Terreal Bierria pushed him out.

"My question is what is the rule if you get pushed? Is it a judgment call?" Testaverde said. "I think if he catches it cleanly, with nobody around, he's down with two feet. I don't think anyone would argue that."

Holmgren called the NFL office Tuesday to express his concerns. Other than that, there's nothing the Seahawks (6-6) can do except move on to this week's game at Minnesota.

The Cowboys got another TD from Julius Jones with 32 seconds to go and won 43-39. It was a huge win for Dallas and dropped Seattle into a first-place tie with St. Louis atop the NFC West. The Rams hold the tiebreaker.

Holmgren is a member of the NFL's influential competition committee and helped draft the rules when replay was reinstituted for the 1999 season.

"The irony is that I am, and was, such an advocate of replay," he said. "It's discouraging when it doesn't appear the mechanics of it are done properly."

Under replay rules, coaches can challenge certain judgments by officials except during the final two minutes of each half or in overtime. At that point, only officials can decide if a play should be reviewed.

Holmgren was frustrated that Johnson's TD wasn't even considered for review. It became a moot point after the Cowboys kicked the extra point, which eliminated the possibility for another look at the play.

He said any close play in the final two minutes of close games, especially scoring plays, should warrant a replay review.

"They have a replay official. In the last two minutes of the game, they should be going, 'OK, this is our time. Let's get ready.' Then if it's close, look at it," Holmgren said.

CBS

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It looked like he was out of bounds after viewing the replay, but I believe that the referee called that he was helped out of bounds by the contact of the defensive back. I still think it should have been reviewed though, and there was nothing Holmgren could do. It was in the last 2 minutes where it is solely the replay booth's call, no red flags in the last 2 minutes of each half as we all know. It just seems nothing is going the Seahawks way these days, at least they have time to get their #e together before the playoffs begin, if the make it. :smug:

top topics

join