It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Week 13 picks

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Denver at San Diego

The San Diego Chargers didn't expect to be leading the AFC West at this point in the season. And the Denver Broncos probably didn't expect to be trailing the Chargers in the standings. But that's where the Broncos are, a game behind the NFL's most positive surprise, as they head to San Diego for Sunday's NFC West showdown. The outcome of Denver at San Diego will go along way to deciding the outcome of the AFC West. Victory for the Chargers would give them a two game lead with three games against teams with losing records to come. The Broncos are a game back at present, but crucially have beaten San Diego already this year.

Before the season began, one of the least likely teams seen as play-off material were indeed San Diego Chargers. However, inspired play by QB Drew Brees, coupled with the running threat of LaDanian Tomlinson has seen one of the most one dimensional offences become one of the most balanced and this has been reflected in their scoring.

Trying to figure out Denver has not always been the easiest task this season. At times the Broncos have played like the play-off team most expect them to be, but at others have looked anything but postseason material. Quite how they managed to blow a two score lead at home to Oakland is somewhat of a mystery. There was also the hammering suffered at home to Atlanta in week 8, as well as the MNF loss in Cincinnati at a time when the Bengals were struggling badly.

LT needs to be back and running if Brees is going to have a good game. Champ Bailey is sure to shut down McCardell but the Broncos don't really have an answer for Antonio Gates.

TRD's Prediction: San Diego

N.Y. Giants at Washington

Last week, Eli Manning had as many completions as his brother Peyton had touchdowns (six). It's going to take awhile, folks, and you should take advantage of that. You should also take advantage of a putrid Redskins offense ranked 30th in the league in yards and dead last in points. Clinton Portis looks human, and the QB situation looks dire. But the Redskins tough defence should be able to cause plenty of problems for rookie Manning. Ramsey finally gets a home start and a relatively easier opponent so the Redskin offence should be able to score, and they won't need to score much.

TRD's Prediction: Redskins

Kansas City at Oakland

Already without Priest Holmes, the Kansas City Chiefs also could be without quarterback Trent Green for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders in a matchup of bitter AFC West rivals. The Chiefs 34-31 defeat at the hands of San Diego was the first time in four games they failed to go over 400 yards in offence. But this week they should fare much better. The Raiders had a big win last week but that may have been courtesy of a bad game by the Broncos. Their poor running game just got even worse with Wheatley's injury. Oakland will rely more on the passing game with Porter and Curry the main threats.

TRD's Prediction: Chiefs

Tennessee at Indianapolis

Go with what works. Why change that philosophy now, especially considering how hot the Peyton Manning phenomenon is at this point. Explain to me how you don't side with a team that has averaged 39.4 points over its last five games and is even tougher to stop on its home turf? The Titans could be without RB Chris Brown, who has been slowed by a turf-toe condition, and QB Steve McNair was so frustrated with his injuries and his team's play in the second half of a loss to Houston last week that he was talking retirement. Advantage: Colts. Too much offense, so little time. Manning has picked apart almost every single team he has faced this year and the Titans will just be another team on the list.

TRD's Prediction: Colts

Other Games

Minnesota at Chicago: Minnesota

Buffalo at Miami: Buffalo

San Francisco at St. Louis: St Louis

Arizona at Detroit: Detroit

[Edited on 3/12/04 by TRD]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some interesting matchups this weekend.

I like Denver to come out on top, also the Ravens.

My upset of the weekend will be Houston beating the Jets.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm looking at the Rams and The Colts to score big this weekend.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Arizona @ Detroit - The Cards are going with a rookie QB in Navarre and a rookie RB in Larry Croom, Detroit should frustrate them all afternoon.

Lions 31- 10

Buffalo @ Miami - Buffalo has turned things around a bit and Miami still doesn't seem to have much direction. The Bills beat the Fish in the first meeting and I see them beating them again down in Miami.

Bills 20-12

Carolina @ New Orleans - The Panthers travel to the dome to play the Jekyll-Hyde Saints. Which Aints team will show up this week? I see the Saints ending Carolina's little winning streak with alot of Deuce and Horn.

Saints 24-20

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You havre been pretty close with ya scores in recent weeks PA, but i think the Bills will get a few more points than that..

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Whoah Pats with a TD return in the first seconds of the game..

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Now the Bills just did the same 13 secs gone on the clock...7-0

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
say it ain't so....

with so many good games on tap today and the seachickens trading dropped passes with the cowgirls on monday night i expected to be able to see a good couple of games today....BUT NO...what do they show us....minnesota and chicago....maybe i'll go and take a nap and see who is on the late game

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
he heee... I'm stuck with the Cowardly Lions and Arizona ( couldn't think of a catchy phrase for them)... I'm off to the sports bar so I can see a real game.

And drink copious amounts of Canadian beer.:party-smiley-018:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I didn't have a chance to watch the early games, but the 'skins vs. the giants is on now...and I'm happy

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah Gibbs the skins are doing a good job of looking like a team today!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Should've been like this all season, I think that Brunell ay have been the worst off-season pickup of all time...

Wait, what am I saying, i forgot about Jeff George...

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Looks like i got 7/8 with my picks this week, only the Vikes let me down. I went for them last time and they lost.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah, they are dissapointing late in the season again...and I've hooked the fate of my fantasy team against the cousins on
culpepper!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How 'bout Larry johnson today? I wonder why they haven't been using him more often.

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think because Blaylock put up some huge games. Thing is Blaylock has been carrying an injury so yea they should have played Johnson in the last few weeks from the off...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
How 'bout Larry johnson today? I wonder why they haven't been using him more often.

I heard that Vermiel was trying to showcase him today to try and get some good value for him in a trade.

new topics

top topics

join