It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Week 12 picks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oakland at Denver

The Broncos dominated the Raiders 31-3 when the teams met in Oakland in Week Six, and they appear to hold many edges in this rematch, including the home field. Could this be Mike Shanahans revenge yet again? Fired by Raiders owner Al Davis 15 years ago, Shanahan owns an impressive 15-4 record against them. And will look to beat them down again! The Raiders' veteran defense will have to come up big to slow down the Broncos' attack. On the other side of the ball, QB Kerry Collins managed to avoid throwing an interception last week in a close loss to San Diego, but that was the first time in eight games this season in which he had done that. But Collins went just 15-of-31 for 136 yards with an interception in the first meeting against the Broncos. Going against the Broncos' top-flight pass defense, Collins can't afford to turn the ball over.

TRD's Prediction: Denver

Tennessee at Houston

The Titans (4-6) have injury problems on both sides of the ball but still managed to grind out an 18-15 victory at Jacksonville last week. Steve McNair was left frustrated in the first meeting against the Houston Texans. On Sunday, McNair gets another crack at the Texans when the Tennessee Titans visit Reliant Stadium in an AFC South matchup. Whether they can win a second straight game will depend on how their secondary holds up vs. Houston's passing attack. The Texans (4-6) have lost three straight, with their secondary being picked apart in each game. David Carr and Andre Johnson will try to exploit the Titans defense and lead Houston to victory.

TRD's Prediction: Houston

Philadelphia at New York Giants

The Philadelphia Eagles can secure their fourth straight NFC East title with a victory over the New York Giants on Sunday. The Eagles rolled to a 31-17 victory over the Giants in the season opener and have won six of the last seven meetings between the teams. The Giants, meanwhile, just hope to stay above .500 and remain in the postseason picture. It will be start No. 2 for rookie QB Eli Manning, who fared moderately well in his first start last week in a loss to Atlanta. To take some pressure off Manning, the Giants could pound Tiki Barber at the Eagles. He rushed for 125 yards and a touchdown in the first meeting and is fourth in the NFL with 1,035 yards to go along with nine TDs.

TRD's Prediction: Eagles

Baltimore at New England

Can the Patriots slow down Kyle Boller? The Ravens are on a roll. They've won three in a row and five of six. Their only loss since Week 4 was at Philadelphia. Baltimore's young quarterback has played well the last two weeks, and New England's secondary has been hit by a wave of injuries. But the Ravens still are built around their defense. They have surrendered a league-low 140 points and have had four interceptions returned for touchdowns. The Patriots (9-1) will give up yards between the 20-yard lines, but they put the clamps down when it counts. A matchup to watch is Baltimore's secondary vs. Patriots QB Tom Brady, who is accurate throwing downfield. New England has won 24 of its last 25 games, including playoffs. The Patriots also have won 16 straight at home, including playoffs since a loss to the New York Jets on December 14, 2002. The patriots have one thing that will win them the game: Tom Brady's going to outplay Kyle Boller this week.

TRD's Prediction: New England

Other Games:

Tampa Bay at Carolina: Tampa Bay

New Orleans at Atlanta: Atlanta

Jacksonville at Minnesota: Minnesota

Washington at Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh

[Edited on 26/11/04 by TRD]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I predict that Indy and Dallas will win...

I'm looking for the upset with Baltimore topping New England, something's got to give, and it'll be the Patsies D.

Also, look for San Diego to throw KC back into the slump they had at the beginning of the season.

The rest don't even seem worth mentioning...

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
New England have Deion Branch back, he did well in his first game back last week. He is a favorite of Brady and will be getting alot of the ball. The Pats passing game will be too much for the Ravens i fear...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just see it as a coaching battle, and with the Ravens' offense picking it up as of late...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I predict that Indy and Dallas will win...

Gibbs, you've outdone yourself this time.

Ok, my picks. I went 3 for 3 last week so I'm gonna take a stab at 3 more this week including my "upset of the week".

New Orleans @ Atlanta - The Saints are the NFL version of Jekyll and Hyde but regardless of which Aints team shows up, I think the Falcons will win this home division matchup, but only by a field goal.

Falcons 27-24

Oakland @ Denver - The Broncos are better on both sides of the ball and although they are division rivals that are usually close, the Broncos are just too good with the ball against a weak, depleted defense. Look for Droughns to put up monster numbers in Mile High as the Broncos stampede to victory.

Broncos 34-10

NY Jets @ Arizona - My "upset of the week". Arizona has been tough at home all year and Denny Green will have his Cards ready to play against a tough AFC opponent. Curtis Martin is playing, but playing a bit banged up from last week and QCarter is no CPennington. Anquan Boldin might finally return to last season's form and get in the end zone. I like the Denny's Cards in the desert.

Cardinals 23-20

:party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I picked Atlanta this week same as you PA, but i think its going to be a tough game for them..

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I picked Atlanta this week same as you PA, but i think its going to be a tough game for them..

I think it'll be very close. The Saints are on the road but they are playing in a dome like they're used to so the dome wont be much advantage to the Falcons. The Saints weakness is their defense, Vick could be in for a huge day both through the air and on the ground. Deuce McAllister should have a good day for the Aints, but I think they'll come up a tad short.

S4E

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just joined this board - hopefully I don't get on the Moderator's bad side since he's a Redskins fan, especially this week.

Go Steelers!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Welcome to Sportz S4E, glad you decided to join us!!

Are you a Steelers fan or just picking them this week?

Make yourself at home.

TRD

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by S4E
Just joined this board - hopefully I don't get on the Moderator's bad side since he's a Redskins fan, especially this week.

Go Steelers!

Hey man go ahead, i'm from the UK so i'm not a fanatic fan. Just liked them when i first started watching it awhile back.

As it happens Steelers are pretty good and should beat us. If you check my picks in the first post i actually picked the Steelers!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hey if you like the Steelers, I found a nice avatar for you.

Feel free to use it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by S4E

Go Steelers!

You might get on my bad side though...

Nah, you're alright, I'm already owing my cousin $10 for this season.

But welcome!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Picks look good this week guys.

I like Denver, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and Tampa Bay this week.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Seattle? You think they will win...

Denver
Tampa
Eagles
Jets

For me.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator
Seattle? You think they will win...

Yes I like the Seahawks this week. Hasselbeck is back and the Bills are still high from beating the Rams.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hasselbeck has been a bit of a disappointment so far this season.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah he hasn't lived up to expectations but Seattle really needs this game and I think they'll step up and get it done.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What about Monday night?

Rams @ G.B.

I think you know what my pick is gonna be:party-smiley-018:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostsailor
What about Monday night?
Rams @ G.B.
I think you know what my pick is gonna be

Based on your sig, I'd say you're a Packer backer.

Originally I thought this would be a really close game but after seeing the weather forecast for possible snow in GB Monday night, that's a huge advantage to the Pack. Those domeboys wont know what to do.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i think the san diego chargers kansas city chiefs game is the game to keep ur eye on this week. its going to be brutal. WAR. i predict a high score with some hostility. u watch. two great matched teams goin at it. mmmm can ya taste the gore? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join