It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Week 11 picks

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Arizona at Carolina

Last week the Panthers got their defense going with six sacks on NY Giants QB Kurt Warner. The Panthers rallied late to beat the 49ers but have been hit by yet more injury problems. With the RB corps being hit hard by injury they should be going with the passing game. Veteren WR Muhsin Muhammad will be a target again this week after last week's three scores. A hard hitting defense has contributed to Arizona's good start. Arizona has equaled its win total for all of last season, and is one game out of first place in the NFC West. The big blow for Arizona is that RB Emmitt Smith is a gametime decision and if he doesn't start things get a bit harder for them.

TRD's Prediction: If QB Jake Delhomme doesn't start due to his thumb injury i will go with Arizona.

Dallas at Baltimore

The Cowboys had a rough time last week against the Eagles and this week it won't get much better. They was humiliated in mondays prime time game 49-21 and they yielded their highest point total ever in a home game and surrendered four touchdowns in a quarter for the first time. Does it get any worse? Yes, next up the Ravens. To really have a chance, the Cowboys need error-free play from QB Vinny Testaverde. Teams seem to have got the measure of RB Jamal Lewis this year and he is not the force he was but he is due a big game. Comming up against a defense that has yielded more than 40 points twice in its last four games he has a chance to burst into action. The biggest surprise is that QB Kyle Boller seems to have found out that he has a throwing arm. If he decides that he can throw the ball again Dallas are in trouble.

TRD's Prediction: Ravens

Denver at New Orleans

The Broncos are comming off their Bye week and should be raring to go. Expect a big week for Jake Plummer and the WR's against the league's worst defence. Derrick Blaylock ripped into the saints defense last week for a whopping 186 yards and expect much the same from RB Reuben Droughns. The Saints do have the league's worst defence but still managed to post a surprise 27-20 win over Kansas last week despite giving up a whopping 497 yards. Can they repeat that feat? No!

TRD's Prediction: Denver

San Diego at Oakland

Both teams are coming off their bye week and San Digo will be looking to crush the Raiders like they did in week 8. The Chargers have been one of the season's surprise stories and went into last week's bye on the back of another crushing win (43-17 over New Orleans). Now, San Diego is talking about ending its eight-year postseason drought. Drew Brees and surprise packet TE Antonio Gates will be looking for another victory. Oakland who was on a five game losing streak beat another struggling side the Panthers before their Bye week and it should give them a confidence boost at least. Will that be enough to get them past San Diego?

TRD's Prediction: San Diego

Other Games:

San Francisco at Tampa Bay: Tampa Bay

St Louis at Buffalo: Buffalo

New York Jets at Cleveland: Jets to bounce back

Miami at Seattle: Seattle

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i am afraid that you missed the st louis-buffalo game, i can't see the bills winning this one

TRD

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
i am afraid that you missed the st louis-buffalo game, i can't see the bills winning this one

Oh dear i put down the wrong team

Never mind i won't change it. i'll leave it as that and go for the upset of the week..

TRD

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No one going to do some picks?

Or ya got no azz to make a fool of yourself?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think Rams will do good tommorrow.

I pick:
Arizona
Baltimore
Denver
San Diego
Tampa
St. Louis
Cleveland
UPSET: Miami

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
welcome eric...if the dolphins beat the seahawks tomorrow holmgren had better have his bags packed so he can leave town under the cover of darkness

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I actually think the Bills over the Rams is a great pick tomorrow. The Bills defense has been great and the dome-friendly Rams go to Buffalo in late November. Mcgahee should be able to run all over a swiss-cheese Rams D and I think the Bills D can neutralize the Rams offense. It'll be harder to throw in the cold and wind and Torry Holt will play sparingly after getting his bell rung last Sunday. Reportedly after the hit, Holt was discussing how many credits he needed to graduate NC State!

Buffalo 24-17

I think the Buccanears will have an easy time at home with the 49ers coming to town. The Bucs secondary has been stellar and the 49ers offense has been terribly inconsistent. Griese has provided a spark in TB and Clayton is a strong rookie-of-the-year candidate.

TampaBay 31-10

San Diego has been quite a surprise with their 6-3 start and with their bye week last week have had two weeks to prepare for the underacheiving Raiders. The Charger offensive attack has been potent with Brees, Gates, and Tomlinson all having huge seasons and the recent addition of McCardell has been huge and they're facing a Raiders D that has been surrending TD's at a rapid pace. I still think it'll be fairly close as this is a divisional rivalry game but the Bolts should be on their way to a 7th victory.

SanDiego 27-24

:party-smiley-018:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Patriots are 10-19 on Monday Night football and haven't won in Kansas City since 1964.

In what should be a big scoring game, i like the Chiefs over the Patriots. Although the Chiefs will be missing Priest Holmes they have a decent replacement in Blaylock. He should rush in for a couple of touchdowns. If Trent Green can find Tony Gonzales and the WR's on a regular basis they should give the Pats a run for their money. The problem is they have to do better stopping the run or else Dillon will run all over them. New England has played its bend-but-don't-break defense extremely well this year and is one of the top red-zone defenses. The Chiefs are one of the top red-zone offenses, so something's got to give.

I like the Bills this week and they will be praying for the wind to blow at the Ralph Wilson Stadium. If they can stop the high-powered passing game of the Rams then they should come away with the victory. Athough the Rams beat Seattle last week, they are not as good a team on the road this year. It is make or break for the Bills as this could be Bledsoe's last start if he doesn't play well. RB Willis McGahee has run for 100-plus yards in the last three home games, he will be looking to do it again and he could be the big difference. McGahee should run all over the Rams will a less than stellar defense. Faulk won't get the touches he needs to be effective and Bulger will buckle under the Bills defense.

The Falcons will put eight in the box to stop Barber and just sit back and sack Manning. Thats the way i see it...

Manning is going to be in for a tough time against the 7-2 Falcons and the inspired defense of Atlanta led by DT Rod Coleman will be looking to put him on his backside as much as possible.

But will that be enough?

Manning is athletic enough to evade trouble and does get rid of the ball quickly, not like Warner who has looked like he has lead boots. Maybe this is what the Giants needed in the Rookie getting his first start.

This game is going to be a hard one to call, if the Falcons do manage to contain Tiki Barber and get their own rushing into motion in the form of QB Vick, RBs Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett then it will be curtains for the Giants. I'm going to go with the Fal..nope Giants and Eli to come out on top.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ah, I've been too busy lately, misse dthe changce to show my ineptitude this week...

But, for those of you interested in just how bad my predictions can be, I suggest you look at the pick 'em league thread...

pick 'em thread

TRD

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Anyone take notice of my picks this week?

7/8

1 dodgy one as i said if Jake Delhomme doesn't start then i would have to go with Arizona, he did start so i will take that as a win...

So i'll take the 8/8 if you don't mind...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
good thing I sent you some tips, eh TRD?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nice picks TRD !!! :party-smiley-018:

You didn't too bad either EricFM, a few misses in there.

I should mention I was 3 for 3 today after my disappointing 0 for 2 upset picks last week.

This Texans - Packers game has been pretty interesting so far. Texans up 13-3 late in the 3rd quarter.

TRD

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
good thing I sent you some tips, eh TRD?

Yea you wished, well i had a great day with the bookmakers on sunday. Lets say i could have taken a month off work..

The best pick at the weekend was Buffalo for sure...

top topics

join