It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: porter and green

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I guess William Green and Joey Porter got into a fight in the pregame, and they are not going to play today.

idiots

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here's the story from CBS sportsline -

CLEVELAND -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter and Cleveland Browns running back William Green were ejected before Sunday's game for fighting during warmups.
Advertisement

About 45 minutes before the opening kickoff, the players exchanged several punches near midfield as the teams were going through drills. TV replays appeared to show Green spitting at Porter, whose back was to the camera.

Green's lower lip was bloodied from the confrontation.

Browns fullback Terrelle Smith also threw a few punches but was not ejected.

Both Green and Porter had their helmets off when they began swinging wildly at each other before they were broken up. It was unclear what triggered the fight.

Already the NFL's most heated rivalry, the game was spiced up earlier this week by Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren, who threatened to go after the head of Steelers rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Warren was warned by the league on Friday to watch himself or face a suspension.

Green is the Browns' leading rusher with 441 yards. He had 27 yards on three carries in Cleveland's loss to Pittsburgh on Oct. 10.

James Harrison started in Porter's spot at right outside linebacker.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
weird, i have seen hockey teams fight before the game but i don't remember pro football teams getting into it like this before

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
weird is right, idiots is right as well, getting in a fight with your teammate? what exactly is that supposed to do?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Nah, they were from the other team, but it's still quite stupid.

top topics

join