It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Week 10 picks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ok decided to post this one early for a change instead of like half an hour before the games start like they have been so far. Took a couple of days to write up my choices so get yours in early!!

Baltimore at New York Jets

The Jets start Quincy Carter instead of Chad Pennington and, though Carter has some mobility, he's prone to turnovers and loses confidence when rattled. The Ravens will try to rattle Carter into making mistakes like he made when he was at the Cowboys. Baltimore's defense is playing as well as any defense in the league and there offense should be able to outscore the Jets. Jamal Lewis is in his second comeback game and he should perform much better than he did last week, he should get 25-30 carrys and he is a great TD possibility.

TRD's Prediction: Baltimore Ravens

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

The Falcons have a three-game lead in the NFC South and are comming off there bye week. They are the most comfortable of the division leaders and with a healthy RB Warrick Dunn and a new-look Vick anything is possible. The Buccaneers seem to be finding their way and have received great contributions from RB Michael Pittman and QB Brian Griese. The team is getting healthy again with Joey Galloway and Joe Jurevicius back in the WR roles, but rookie Michael Clayton (42 catches, 595 yards, two touchdowns) has been in great form.

TRD's Prediction: Tampa Bay

Carolina at San Francisco

The teams have a combine total so far this season of a terrible 2-14. The 49ers get a boost from the return of quarterback Tim Rattay, who missed the previous game with a strained forearm. They will rely on him heavily to throw some big plays if his arm holds up. If the Panthers get RB Stephen Davis on the field then they will have the edge, but that is a long shot. Brad Hoover and Nick Goings who have been filling in can be easily stopped in the run game and the Panthers don't offer much more than that. Expect Tim Rattay to pick on the Panthers young cornerbacks and add to there misery.

TRD's Prediction: San Francisco

Kansas City at New Orleans

Neither team bothers to bring a defense to there games, although the Chiefs have improved slightly in that department. The Chiefs have the ability to score big even though its very doubtful that Priest Holmes is going to play. TE Tony Gonzales has been in exceptional form lately and if Derrick Blaylock is good to go he is a huge TD threat going on his four TD's a couple of weeks ago in one half. The Saints must get RB Deuce McAllister rolling to have their best shot at winning as there WR's have been pretty poor lately.

TRD's Prediction: Kansas City

Houston at Indianapolis

The Texans, given their woes defending the pass will be in for a tough time. Peyton Manning leads the league in passing and touchdowns thrown, with the Texans giving up 18 TD's thrown in 8 games he should be in for a big game. The texans have a young side and may be one for the future but the Colts at home is going to prove too much for them.

TRD's Prediction: Indianapolis

Seattle at St. Louis

Everyone remember week 5? The Seahawks was cruising in the 4th quarter with a 17 point lead, but the Rams started throwing the ball and clinched the game in overtime. That game rocked the Seahawks and they have only just started to recover. The Seahawks WR's seem to have forgotton how to catch a ball and they will be relying again on RB Shaun Alexander to take the pressure off QB Matt Hassleback. So what type of Rams side will we be seeing this weekend? They was an explosive team with the pass but they seem to have forgotton how to do it. With the NFC West up for grabs this is going to be one of the most crucial games at the weekend.

TRD's Prediction: St Louis Rams

Other games

Jacksonville to beat Detriot

Giants to beat Arizona

Redskins to beat Cincinnati

Chicago to beat Tennessee

Buffalo at New England is a close one, i really like the Bills to cause and upset this week. When they met in week four, Buffalo had the Pats on the ropes, but a couple of key turnovers cost them the game. But with Bledsoe and McGahee playing so well it will be a hard one to call...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I noticed you stayed far away from the Cowboys-Eagles monday night game.

I'm picking an "upset of the week" - Cleveland over Pittsburgh.

TRD

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I noticed you stayed far away from the Cowboys-Eagles monday night game.

Well i didn't want to hurt your feelings as the Cowgirls are going to get beaten down.

Browns you say? Hrmm yeah ok..They have two hopes..Bob HOPE and No HOPE!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Well i didn't want to hurt your feelings as the Cowgirls are going to get beaten down.

No, actually the Cowboys are the other "upset of the week".

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
PA, I think your first upset is the better one to stick with...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Last week the Steelers took it to the Eagles and served them up a loss. They did this by using the Blitz and hitting them from everywhere. This is what the Cowboys have to do to stand a chance of winning.

The Eagles have won seven of the last eight overall from the Cowboys and Terrell Owens will be ready to serve it up to Parcells.

If the Cowboys don't get the win they are in danger of letting there season slip away. And Parcells has to ask himself should he play rookie Drew Henson. Vinny Testaverde is what 40+, it's about time he lost that no1 role. He has thrown 6 interceptions the last 2 games so unless he starts feeling 21 again the Cowboys are going to lose.

As for upsets this week, the biggest one will be the Dallas Cowboys fans. They will be so upset seeing their team get steamrolled.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
alright here are my picks for the week:

Pittsburgh over Cleveland: the browns haven't been able to figure things out all year ahd the steelers are rollin

Jacksonville over Detroit: even without leftwich in, the jags still have fred taylor, who's gonna go nuts today

Philadelphia over Dallas: on monday night, parcells is going to be in some major trouble. he better stop bein so nice

Green Bay over Minnesota: without moss, the vikings aren't going to be able to stand up to the pack. watch for ahman to win the battle this day.

UPSET PICK: Buffalo over Patriots: in the upset pick of the week, willis mcgahee runs all over the pats in gilette stadium, and the bills rush for more yards than they pass, and the defense comes up with a score itself to lead the bills over the pats.

those are the picks for the week, sorry i missed last week, i have no idea what i was doing, but hopefully i'll do ok this week. i think the first week we did this i totally sucked.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Kansas city over New Orleans - This is the gimme game of the week, the Cheifs have found thier offense in the last couple weeks, even without Holmes, and can now outscore thier opponents, making up for the lack of a defense (at least until the playoffs come)

Baltimore over NY Jets - Baltimore's D is the difference in this game. They will stuff Martin, and force Carter to throw the ball, which he wil, but to the wrong team...

Minnesota over Green Bay - Last year this ain't. Though allsigns point to a huge letdown for the 'Vikes, the shall regroup behind Culpepper.

Upset special -

Browns over Steelers. the Steelers have had a tremendous run against the top teams in th eleague. Now one of the also-rans of theleague will bring them crashing down....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Kordell "slash" stewart has a new position - punter!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
no way! where did you hear that?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I saw it when i switched to the Jets game, I guess he's the backup punter for Baltimore

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
wow, i had no idea, that's crazy! and extremely funny! haha!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i didnt really get a chance to watch any games, but i ehard the jets blew it big time

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah, they dont' seem to understand clock management.

TRD

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by TRD

No, actually the Cowboys are the other "upset of the week".

Oh dear what happened PA?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
wow, i was 4-1, how great is that? besides the fact that my bills got smoked on national television...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
better than I, batting .500, but that''s be good in the summer, right?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
that'll be darn good. it's not so bad for a field goal percentage in bball either!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i'm closing in on you in pickem too, so watch out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join