It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: JERRY RICE: RETIRE!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Jerry Rice: Retire!!!

I am an avid Oakland Raiders fan and I was thrilled when Rice came to Oakland. Now however, it seems that he went to the Seahawks because he "wasn't making the catches" in Oakland. I know, I know, they suck right now... lol He was so dissapointed when his record stopped at
270-something catches. WHO IN THE WORLD CAN BEAT THAT???? NO ONE!!!! I just think it's time for him to retire.
Next, Jerry Porter. Another receiver that is awesome. Another receiver that wants out of Oakland. He missed the tradeing deadline and now he wants to leave Oakland at the end of the season because "I can't accept all of the weight of being the top receiver ever since Tim Brown left." Isn't that what it's all about anyways??? Porter: you were trained by the best. Get over it.
Ok... Kerry Collins...... wow, how bad can you get. I thought Mirer was bad! At least with Mirer we won 4 games last season. I don't know what Norv Turner is thinking by letting Collins stay in the game. JUST LET TUIASOSOPO HAVE A CHANCE!!! IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE! Heck, Tui is a better QB than Collins in my opinion. AND I don't know what Al Davis is thinking letting Norv Turner let Collins stay in the game.
I hate the fact that I'm bashing my team, but let's face it: I could be a better coach than Norv... and I'm a girl. :loudhorn:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yessssssssssssssssssssss a girl on sportztawk!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

And yea, I agree.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
FINALLY someone who agrees with me! I posted this exact same forum on another site and everyone hates me! LOL Oh well!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OH! And another thing! Raiders only got a 7th round pick for him. If he's as good as everyone is still making him out to be, then why didn't we get a 3rd round or something higher? Doesn't make since to me...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BgirlRAIDERETTE20
I could be a better coach than Norv... and I'm a girl. :loudhorn:

we put up with him for what, 8 seasons in DC? Nice to share the wealth a bit...

Welcome to the site, feel free to give us an introduction...

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Collins sucks bad, looks like Oakland need to get a new team..

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yea... I'm a girl... weeee!!! lol
I had hopes for Collins, what with him making 3 touchdowns in the preseason. Guess it should have stuck in my head that it was preseason...
I LOVE MY RAIDERS AND WE SHALL BE BACK!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! Oh... I'm still typing.
:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

FINALLY someone who agrees with me! I posted this exact same forum on another site and everyone hates me! LOL Oh well!

We're a pretty agreeable bunch here,

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So u hate me too? lol

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So u hate me too? lol

Yeah, sure, whatever it takes...

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So u hate me too? lol

No, who said that?

So why did Rice actually leave?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Y do u hate me? I'm just expressing my views like everyone else. This shouldn't turn into a gender thing. I know more about football than most of my guy friends.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
no no, just teasin here.

But why a Raiders fan?

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This shouldn't turn into a gender thing.

Hell no we have some othere girls who have posted on here.

While your hear break out the dusters as the place needs a bit of a spring clean.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Rice left because he felt that he wasn't getting enough play time and enough catches. It's not completly his fault for the catches because Collins sucks, but still... Oh! He had to ask permission from Steve Largent to wear #80 because it was retired. LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ha ha. *shoves duster...............* u know the rest lol
:loudhorn: take it from me, i'm tough! lol
:

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Enough play time and he got over 270 catches?

Maybe he thought he would go to a better team?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Maybe he thought he would go to a better team?

(ouch)

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That's what I'm saying. He can't deal with losing. As soon as the 40-whiners started to get bad, he went to Oakland. As soon as we started getting bad, he went to the seacocks. Is it ever going to stop??? lol

TRD

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hehe, thats what i was getting at. Seems like ol Jerry doesn't like it when the going gets a bit tough. Seahawks not doing much better since he went there. Whats he got 2 catches for 26yrds since he went to Seattle?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join