It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Lombardi quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Some Lombardi quotes I got off NFL.com -

It's a great game
I want to say this that it's a great game; a game of great lessons. And I think it's a symbol to what this country's best attributes are ... and that's courage and a stamina and a coordinated efficiency or a teamwork."

Each Sunday
"Each Sunday afternoon ... one group savors victory and the other, they live in the bitterness of defeat. And the many hurts are a small price to pay if you've won."

Will to win
"I want to say this and all of the display, all of the noise, all of the glamour, all of the color, all of the excitement -- these are the things that really only linger in the memory, but the spirit, the will to excel, the will to win, these are the things that endure"

Great leaders
"Great leaders are not born, they are made. They are made just like everything else is made in this country. They are made by a hard effort. That's the price we all have to pay for any goal that's worthwhile, any goal that's worthwhile achieving."

To the winner
"To the winner, there's 100 percent elation. There is 100 percent fun. There's 100 percent laughter. And the only thing really that is left to the loser, if he's a man at all, is resolution and determination."

Ultimate victory
"The ultimate victory never completely ... Yet, that victory and that excellence must be pursued, it must be wooed with all of one's might and every bit of effort that we have."

To hear them, visit this link

new topics

join