It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my night terrors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
so I cant write much. But have you tryed to induce lucid dreaming and "control" your dream to find out whats wrong? I had a friend who did that. He hasent had a night terror in 5 years now. turned out he "killed" a "demon" in his lucid dream.....

might be woth a shot.

but my teacher is bitchin at me now, peace out.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Its nice to hear others have this problem. My night terrors almost always manifest themselves in fightint in my sleep.Unfortunately for my wife, I actually throw punches sometimes.

I did have one though that still terrifies me. I was in a rose garden where I worked at the time. I saw a figure standing in the tree line (I do know who it was). I yelled at it that if it wanted a peace of me it had better take its best shot. Just then A thick fog completely enveloped me. Fog as thick as cotton It was crusching me... I woke up Gasping for air because I could not breathe.. It still creeps me out when I rememeber the dream... it was like I was challenging an evil spirit or something.,

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease
well, as some of you already know, i have night terrors from time to time. well, last night i had night terrors again, made me wake up twice. it seems they're getting worse, because they normally don't happen one right after another... but last night they did.

the first time, my thumb hurt. a while back, i had cut a cross into the webbing of my thumb, but it had been so long ago that it was only a scar. but when i woke up, i found that it was bleeding again, and that my skin had been reopened. then i started to get really scared so i went under my covers, told myself it'd be better if i was asleep before i died (really reassuring, heh) , and fell asleep.

the next time i woke up, i thought about what i had been dreaming for a little while. i realized i had been dreaming that i was in a field in ireland, but suddenly it all caught on fire and these... beings had come out of the flames. it was like i was paralyzed with fear, and when one got close enough to touch me, i freaked out and that's when i woke up. anyway, i got scared again, and looked out from under my covers and saw a shadow that couldn't normally be there, but it was gone before i could find out where it came from. my thumb was hurting and bleeding again.

both times, my mother had called up at me and asked why i had been screaming.

i don't know what to make of this, i'm frightened out of my skin.

if anyone could help me, i would forever be in their debt... stuff like this is just too much for me.

I got a similar problem, it begun when I was younger ( five or six years from now ) and still persist at a regular frequence, wich is about two or three nightmares a month for two month, and after that it stop for six month and restart. I never remember what I dreamt at, but I always wake up while screaming and running from my room like hell, I can't control myself for about 30 seconds, and after that ( It's stronger than me ) I just go back to bed and sleep again. I wouldn't talk of it if it wouldn't from the fact that one night I just woke up with my left arm scratched, I still have scars and I never found any explainations for it. Life is like that ....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sleeping pills my friend....they seem to help dull the dreams...

In my opinion though, night terrors aren't just dreams...you're actually going somewhere astrally (that's why you don't have control....it isn't just a dream)...

This happens often in night terrors where "shadowpeople" try to follow you back to the physical plane of existence....(but luckily, they can't quite seem to fully manifest here).... This is likely the shadow you saw... Just as you changed frequency so to speak, to visit it's realm....it tried to do the same to visit ours....

Sleeping pills once in a while (especially after you've already had the terrors the night before...) should dull the dream process enough to get some normal sleep... You may want to take them about once a night for a week, then once every two nights....once every three nights the third week, and so on...

That's how I got rid of mine a long time ago....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've been having some very strange dreams recently. started about two years ago. First 1 that stands out was me trying to climb the stairs of a collapsing tower, could never quite make it out in time but always managed to wake up jus before it fell on me.

Then the "teeth dream" started. At least once a week i'd have a dream that i was in an empty room with just a small washbasin, grinding my teeth then they'd crack and fall out, lot of blood, lot of bits of teeth spit the last one out then i'd wake up.
Had this for a long time, still do every now and again but not nearly as frequently as i used to since i started "controlling" it.
Now i can actually tell myself that it's a dream and wake myself from it.

Since i started controlling my dreams i've had some really pleasant ones. Absolutely amazing feeling, can really get involved in them. I've had many "pleasant" ones involving girls I've been attracted to, been an undercover cop on a drugs bust (that went wrong)
A vampire/demon hunter fighting for/with good forces
Flown planes and helicopters (and crashed them).

They've taken a darker turn recently tho, been a lot of armageddon related dreams, nuclear wars etc. Can still control them but I've actually been killed in one of them. I know the myth that if you get killed in your dream you'll die in "real life." Still here tho, writing this post.

The key to dreaming is learning to control your unconsious thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
well, I usally dont share things like this, but if it might help someone. I had a dream about a month ago that I went to hell. It only lasted about an hour, but it scared me out of my mind. everyone was stabing me and beating me constantly. I kept praying to God, but my prayers were never answered and thetorture contiuned. the thing is, it was my friends and family beating me, so that made it even worse. I finally woke up, I prayed for about 30 mins asking God for my forgiveness for some sins which I believe is why I had that dream. I hoped that helped.

Peace,TSK

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Write me your e-mail, and I may be helpful.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Effigy,

I'm sorry to hear that you too are afflicted by this. It sounds like you are still quite young, and this is a difficult time to deal with the confusion night terrors cause. Let me first say that you should be glad you have these as they are highly corrolated to above-average intelligence and temporal lobe activity. You are probably a very bright, caring and intuitive individual, but disaffected by society. That's what brought you here

First, you must face the problems in your life. You must deal with the hard realities around you. You probably are drawn to fantasy and that is a GREAT way to deal, but the only way you can lessen the occurances of the terrors is by ridding yourself of stress. Exercise helps somewhat. Drugs and alcohol will exacerbate night terrors. When I was in my young twenties I had MANY night terrors after a night of drinking. It somehow makes it easier for you to slip into that paralyzed state, you know what I'm talking about.

Second, you must realize that they ARE night terrors. They cannot harm you. The most terrifying effect is the helplessness that you feel. You will probably not be able to vocalize, but doing so wakes me up everytime. I struggle hard to get the words out, and I think them in my mind, but if I can actually say the words or cry out I will always wake up. Choose aggressive challenging language. Say in your mind "If you try to take me you will have a fight!" Threaten it/them. Tell them to go to hell. Tell them that you cast them out in the name of Jesus. Whatever belief system you subscribe to, harness its power. If you are not religious (which would not surprise me) you must assert yourself as the authority. Think "F*&K YOU!" and mean it. Once my wife woke me up cause I actually yelled this out loud in my sleep and woke her up.

Trust me, it gets better with time, and the more you begin to disbelieve in supernatural or extraterrestrial entities. When you realize it is the power of your own mind scaring the ever-loving crap out of you, you begin to deal with it.

Good luck and please don't get too into that self-mutilation stuff. You could always talk to a counselor, but expect them to think you are the victim of abuse.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
these used to happen to me
the worst time i awoke to hear a voice say very matter of factly, "something evil is in the room" i could hear a whirring noise like a swinging lasso and i could see through the corner of my eye something like a black shadow in the figure of a man sitting crouched in the corner of my room...i could feel something pushing me down so hard into the mattress i thought the bedframe would break. very odd and not at all pleasant. they are very draining exsperiances that make you dread sleep. anyone who is exsperiancing it knows its demonic. just ask jesus for help he is the answer
and dont be afraid. everyone who has said that the spirits only have as much power as you give them through fear is speaking the truth. dont give them any power through fear. just dismiss them and think on jesus.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join