It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Week 5

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Bens predictions for week 5

I like detriot over atlanta, detriot has been hot with harrington and williams, and that is not going to stop as vick isnt going to be able to run with this one

I like Tampa Upseting the saints, the bucs dont wanna start off 0-5 and with simms starting its a chance for a fresh start

The Browns over the Steelers, sure the browns are a bit weak but last season tehy showed some good signs of improvement

Vikins over Texans, this one is going to be extremely close, i was thinking about picking the texans but moss and calupepper might be too much

I like the Gaints over the cowboys, gaints have found what works for them with warner and barber, cowboys are just going to be in the way today.

I like the chargers over the jags. Chargers have been playing very well behind brees, and its going to continue right here

I like Jets over the bills, moss is going to have a huge game today with bills db's injuried

I like the rams over the seahawks, seahawks may be strong but so are the rams and their wr's bruce 4 straight games over 100 yards.

I like baltimore over the skins, baltimore will rebound today, and shut down portis

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hrmm i think there will be some tough games this week but good picks ben, this is who i'm going for.

Colts
Arizona
Pats
Vikings
Cleveland
Seahawks
New Orleans
Atlanta
New York Jets

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ben, Ben, Ben...

You got hot last week, but you're off balance this week. Although I do agree with you on 3 games, Vikes over Houston, Jets over Bills, and the Ravens over the 'Skins (because they're playing like crap right now).

Your other picks?

Atlanta will prevail over the Lions, both young teams, but Atlanta's D will be the difference here.

Tampa over New Orleans? Well, with the Duece out, you may be right on thi, but Tampa just plain sucks this year, so it's always a safe bet to go against them.

Browns over Steelers, no sir, I hate to admit it, but the Steelers are playign some good ball out there. And they're in Pittsburgh this week...

Giants? They're playing good, but Parcells will, unfortunately, bring the 'girls around and get them another win. Look for Warner to throw at least 3 picks today, Tiki, at least one fumble lost.

Chargers over Jags? I'll stand behind Drew, I think he's a decent NFL QB, but they were pretty effective against Peyton Manning last week (not perfect, but effective), and they don't have a Manning in San Diego...

Rams over Seahawks, doubtful, Seattle plays tough at home, and the Rams just aren't the team that they were 2-3 years ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As for the games you were afraid to pick...

Look for Miami to stop the streak. Miami? Yes, the team with no running back, no O-line, and paltry QB's. Remember 1985? The Bears, with possibly the best team ever, lost just one game, to a proud Miami franchise, keeping them as the only team to ever go undefeated in a season.

Of course, Miami doesn't have Marino this time around. Or Shula on the sidelines. Or Ricky. New England wins, but it'll be closer than you think.

Oakland at Indianapolis ? Easy, Indy. No questions there.

Arizona at San Fran - Arizona builds on last weeks win, starting a streak...

Carolina at Denver. Upset(?) of the week. Carolina, with Stephen Davis back in the lineup, they will show Mr. Shannahan that it's not the system, it's the running back.

Green Bay over Tennessee. Two teams with disappionting seasons so far. The two toughest QB's in the league. The "soon to be" frozen tundra of Lambeau field. A batle of two 1-3 teams. I'll probably go to bed early tomorrow night.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
pittsburgh's on the board quickly, thanks to Staley...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
indy scores, makes it look easy....

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
pittsburgh's on the board quickly, thanks to Staley...

Pass intercepted and returned for a 20 yrd TD 7-7 now...

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Most games have a score on the board except the Atlanta and the Vikings games.....

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
giants get a field goal, lead the cowgirls 3-0

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Minnesota's on the board, Moxx's first catch of the game, a 1 yard TD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
loads of scoring this week, lots of good games so far

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah looks like good games so far...

Cowgirls getting beat 13-10......

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
16-10 now...

I'm surprised that Pittsburgh-cleveland is so high scoring!

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah 34-16...

Pittsburgs QB Roethlisberger has been throwing alot of yardage...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
He's gonna have a great career.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm guessing he's pretty young then....

Giants are near the end zone again!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I'm guessing he's pretty young then....

Yeah, he's a rook.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Giants 19-10.....looks like they just got that cushion with 6 mins left on the clock...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Giants win, 26-10.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hrmmm sad day for the Cowgirls fans...I wonder where they all are....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join