It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush survive Tecumseh's Curse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was just curious what ATS members think of Bush and Tecumseh's curse. It's the curse that says every president elected in the year ending with zero will die in office. We all know, of course, that Reagan survived it. Some say he broke the curse. What do you think? And if something BAD happens to Bush, who would be behind it?

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, Bush has plenty of enemies. Any one of them could be responsible for an assasination. As for the curse, Reagan surviving proves there is no curse.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i read about a prediction made on another board. said something along the lines of, bush will be giving a speech in a room, seated at a desk, with a row of windows behind him. one shot to the back of the head with a high powered rifle from the rooftop of a building behind. i dont put any truth in it, but if it happens ill #.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
i read about a prediction made on another board. said something along the lines of, bush will be giving a speech in a room, seated at a desk, with a row of windows behind him. one shot to the back of the head with a high powered rifle from the rooftop of a building behind. i dont put any truth in it, but if it happens ill #.

Where'd you read that?

I wouldn't be surprised if they whacked him; although, I've never put any stock in curses.

It is very strange, though, as the curse or an extreme co-incidence has dogged every president within that succession, minus the Gipper.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
some info and links on this on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks Baked.

This from the thread:

Legend: A death curse threatens U.S. Presidents elected in years evenly divisible by twenty.
Origins: With one exception, since 1840, U.S. Presidents who have been elected in years ending in zero have been killed or have died of natural causes while in office. And the one exception literally came within an inch of death.

It's hard to know what to make of such a sequence, but folks have certainly tried over the years. Such a string of presidential mortality is deemed too improbable to have occurred naturally, giving rise to rumors about a fatal Indian curse among those unwilling to recognize that chaos sometimes takes the form of coincidence. Randomness is disquieting; Indian curses are, in comparison, the lesser of the evils because they at least support the illusion that there is order in our universe. In an odd way, belief in Indian curses is comforting.

Died Under the "Curse"
1840 ... William Henry Harrison
1860 ... Abraham Lincoln
1880 ... James A. Garfield
1900 ... William McKinley
1920 ... Warren G. Harding
1940 ... Franklin D. Roosevelt
1960 ... John F. Kennedy
the rest:
www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
someone in the other thread said that Regan consulted an astrologer. Maybe this had something to do with his survival?
Do you think it has to be this term tho?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
someone in the other thread said that Regan consulted an astrologer. Maybe this had something to do with his survival?

Reagan didn't care about that stuff. That was loopy Nancy's bag. Actually, I believe that God's hand was on his presidency.

As a Christian, I do not believe in curses; although I find the coincidence to be astronomically bizarre. We will definitely see whether it should be taken seriously or not at the end of Bush's tenure. Either way.

The interesting thing, to me, is, if Bush is whacked in office then that would prove that Bush really does believe he is in charge and that he is not. If he died from unnatural causes, that would show that he made at least some of his own decisions, contradicting the wicked cabal.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Reagan didn't care about that stuff. That was loopy Nancy's bag. Actually, I believe that God's hand was on his presidency.

I agree

As a Christian, I do not believe in curses; although I find the coincidence to be astronomically bizarre. We will definitely see whether it should be taken seriously or not at the end of Bush's tenure. Either way.

Why would you not believe in curses because you are christian? God tells us not to use magic, and I guess that includes curses. He talks about curses he put on Cain, Egypt, Ect... So I believe a curse is real and can be cast by someone who knows how.

The interesting thing, to me, is, if Bush is whacked in office then that would prove that Bush really does believe he is in charge and that he is not. If he died from unnatural causes, that would show that he made at least some of his own decisions, contradicting the wicked cabal.

The man has some amazing security. It would be hard, almost impossible to get him unless it was someone close to him. So if I had to guess it would be health related. If it happens to Cheny then it proves he was president by proxy. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I agree

Why would you not believe in curses because you are christian? God tells us not to use magic, and I guess that includes curses. He talks about curses he put on Cain, Egypt, Ect... So I believe a curse is real and can be cast by someone who knows how.

Baked, what I meant is that I don't buy into curses, personally. For example: My best friend in the Army was a Navajo indian. James told me that a curse laid on me by a member of the tribe could not affect me because I do not believe in their ablility to curse me - because I am Christian. As far as God and curses go, notice those curses were laid down during the time of the Old Testament. At that time God directly intervened in man's every day life. I mean physically. With the ushering in of the New covenant/New Testament, God withdrew himself from us, leaving in his sted the Holy Spirit to intervene.

The man has some amazing security. It would be hard, almost impossible to get him unless it was someone close to him. So if I had to guess it would be health related. If it happens to Cheny then it proves he was president by proxy. lol

It would most certainly have to be someone on the inside. And you might be right about Cheney! That would prove what so many already suspect!

new topics

top topics

join