It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Pace ends holdout, set to join Rams

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Offensive tackle Orlando Pace signed a 1-year contract Sunday night worth $7.02 million as the St. Louis Rams' franchise player, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The newspaper also reported that Pace is expected to practice with the Rams Monday afternoon.

Pace had been seeking a long-term contract and stayed away from all team activities for the second consecutive offseason, including mini camp, and training camp. He also missed the team's four exhibition games.

When reached earlier Sunday by the Post-Dispatch, Pace's agent Carl Poston was hardly optimistic.

"I've encouraged him to come in," Poston said. "I've instructed him to sign the one-year tender. But I can't make the big fellow come in. He's frustrated with the team."

The newspaper also reported that because Pace signed after 3 p.m. Sunday, the Rams were allowed to ask for a two-week roster exemption as he does not currently count against the team's 53-man roster. Or the team might simply release another player Monday.

Barring a setback at practice this week, Pace is expected to be ready to start at left tackle in the Rams' season opener Sunday at Arizona.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A guy like Pace, you can't imagine that missing all of camp would hurt him too much, he's just an incredible talant. Hopefully he can somehow wind up in Washington...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
is missing camp as important for a tackle?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freak29
is missing camp as important for a tackle?

I'd think not, so long as the playbook doesn't change, and all Martz does is add some plays, maybe with the same blocking schemes?

join