It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: McCardell out for the year?

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you think Keenan McCardell is getting itchy to end his lengthy holdout and report to the Buccaneers, think again.

In fact, on Monday's NFL Live broadcast on ESPN, the receiver said he's so displeasedTampa Bay won't renegotiate his deal that he's willing to sit out the entire 2004 season.

McCardell is scheduled to earn $2.5 million this year and $2.75 million in 2005. But after making 84 catches for 1,174 yards and eight touchdowns last season, the two-time Pro Bowl selection wants to be paid closer to the average salary for No. 1 receivers in the NFL.

A year ago, that was about $4.4 million.

So far, the Buccaneers have refused to redo McCardell's deal.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
looks like he's out then, unless they trade him away.

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He would have been a decent Fantasy Player, im thinking fantasy before football now. LOL.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've always liked to have him on my team, fantasy wise, and he's been a solid performer over the past 3+ seasons. So I'm extremely disapointed he's not playing this season. I doubt he'll be much good, if he ever comes back.

Ben

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
yea i know what you are saying gibbs, i saw him on waivers and almost picked him up but then i was like wait he isnt playing LOL.

Gruden wont play him even if he does end this thing he is doing.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's silly of the Bucs to not even ry to trade him, though. They would be able to get something for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
would a team want a complainer?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What team dosn't already have a complainer?

Ben

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Cowboys?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm sure that theres' at least one there...let's think a little...part time author....just throw him the darn ball.....

top topics

join