It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Keyshawn ready vs Sapp

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Keyshawn Johnson isn't going to try to avoid former teammate Warren Sapp when their new teams play each other.

Johnson, now with the Dallas Cowboys, said the public perception that the two stars who played together the past four seasons in Tampa Bay don't like each other is wrong.

"That's not what I perceive," said Johnson, whose new team goes Saturday night to Oakland, where Sapp now plays.

Johnson said their wives are actually best friends and will be sitting together in Sapp's box.

What about comments Sapp made since joining the Raiders questioning how Johnson worked in Tampa Bay and seemed happy about being deactivated with six games left last season?

"That doesn't mean that he doesn't like me," Johnson said. "I didn't like the way he worked around things, so what does that mean? Does that mean I don't like him? I don't like the way Bill Parcells does some things. Does that mean I don't like him? No, that doesn't mean I don't like him."

Johnson said he won't seek out Sapp, but will talk to him if that chance comes up at the game. If so, he said the two will probably take a picture together in their different uniforms.

"It will be strange," Johnson said. "But I can also understand that he had to move on with his career much like myself and other players in this league."

new topics

join