It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: man finds super bowl ring in restroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Super ending as man recovers $20G Pats ring
By Brian Ballou
Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lou Schorr initially thought the ring sitting on the sink in a restroom at the Providence Place Mall Saturday evening was a worthless and bulky piece of junk jewelry.

When Schorr, 53, of Waltham, showed the ring to his friends, they thought it was a worthless and bulky piece of junk jewelry.

But when he went to the New England Patroits Web site, he discovered he had found Super Bowl bling with 104 glittery diamonds, a value of over $20,000. The players received their rings 11 days ago.

``I knew I had to return it to its owner,'' he said.

Etched on the ring was the name of rookie linebacker Tully Banta-Cain. He told Providence police Saturday he took it off to wash his hands and when he returned 15 minutes later it was gone. Police told him they would investigate. Banta-Cain went to church Sunday and prayed.

Meanwhile, Schorr was showing the ring to two kids wearing Patriots jerseys at a restaurant in Shrewsbury. ``They were amazed,'' Schorr said.

Schorr, a sales representative in Canton, took the ring to work Monday and called the Pats. Banta-Cain picked up his ring in person and promised Schorr a seat at the season opener.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
For a 20K ring I'd give the guy seasons tickets. That was reallly good of him to give it back though, if I were him I'd keep it and pretend that I was a great football player until my knee injury that forced me to stop playing.

Ben

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
that is one lucky guy, if he left it there its not considered stealing.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah season tickets, and at least an autographed jersey or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe even a repica ring

TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yea thats a bit tight. You would have thought he would get a better reward for his honesty.

I would have most prob kept it or sold it...

[Edited on 25/6/04 by TRD]

top topics

join